Need some Hitachi 50v500 help...

Username: Mike

Post Number: 2
I'm an installer, and have a couple of questions. My customer has selected the 50V500, and will have it installed in a custom wall unit to be built, placing the set somewhat higher up than the factory stand would afford, to get that "cinema feel" angle of view. I'm recommending the Denon AVR 3803 receiver, and most likely 2 Infinity bookshelves(unless I can find him a pair of the old Polk RT5's!), and 4 Infinity in-walls, along with a Velodyne sub, set in a cabinet below the TV, behind grillclothed doors. The literature I've seen on the set claims the TV's speakers can be used as the center channel. Is this connection a regular speaker wire connection? I would also like to get some feedback on the sound quality of the TV speakers on this set. My next question regards the HD-SD format selection feature. I notice that this set allows either format, and in addition, offers an "auto mode", where I assume it can determine what type of signal it's receiving, and "automatically" display in the proper mode. Any feedback as to the performance of this "auto" mode? The Denon AVR 3803 claims to be able to pass HD signal, as well as being able to upconvert composite and S-video, to component video. My plan is to run video from cable composite, cable HD component, DVD component, and VCR composite to the receiver, and run ONLY ONE set of component video cables to the TV. The Denon AVR 3803 owner's manual, available on line, states that in the case the TV won't display the upconverted video, then a "video stabilizer", with Time Base Correction can be used in the source to receiver path. Any recommendations on a stabilizer w/TBC, just in case? Thanks, in advance, for any help you all can lend!

Anonymous

The audio input is an RCA jack, the audio is good for TV speakers, but isn't going to match up to good bookshelves, HD-SD format only has to do with the way it displays particular colors(resolution is always being displayed at 720P), and it should play any signal the Denon would upconvert to.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the input. I wasn't wild about using the TV's speakers as the center channel, anyway. Since all but the screen will be covered by trim, I think leaving a big silver strip on either side of the screen exposed, would look a bit goofy, and 200 to 300 bucks for a center speaker is chump change in this room's total budget.
I'm still looking for feedback on a multi-input, so-called, "video stabilizer", with TBC. I haven't played with the Denon AVR 3803 yet, and am a bit nervous about the REAL upconversion ability, as well as how the Hitachi TV will deal with an upconverted video signal. The only brand I've ever found to be fussy about the video feed is Sony. Any help out there?

Post Number: 6
any info on video stabilizers w/TBC?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us