Problems with Sansung DLP HLN567W

Anonymous

I just bought a Sammy HLN567W on Boxing Day. Shame on me for not recognizing it was last year's model, but the price was good ($3500 CDN with stand) and I took the 4 yr extended warranty. Anyway, had it delivered yesterday and have had nothing but problems. First the sensor on the Lamp Cover was not being triggered when the door was shut, so the TV would not get past this warning stage. Service tech did some on-site modifications to fix, but then problem #2: no colour for the TV or VHS. DVD worked fine with colour (I am running component video from TV to DVD, but cheapo red/white/yellow AV cables to and from all other sources with plans to upgrade ASAP). They told me the colour problem might be due to the cold weather (-23*C today) and to let it warm up overnight. Well I tried turning it on last night only to have a "Check Fan No 3" warning pop up as soon as the TV is turned on. Again, I can't check to see if the colour problem is fixed cuz the TV locks up when this warning message is displayed.

Anyway, called Soundsaround and they are trying to reroute their delivery schedule to accomodate me today. Nice considering it is New Year's Eve, but nothing less than I expect given yesterday's problems.

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Should I accept anything less than a replacement product?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us