RCA to Coaxial

Username: Alexg

Post Number: 1
I want to build (not buy) a RCA to Coaxial Converter, and I was just wondering if anyone knows how I would go about doing that, or at least where I can find some information about the different video formats (RCA,Coaxial,Svideo...).

I am interested in siganl processing, thats probably what my Electrical Engineering concentration will be in, so I just wanted to find out more about video and audio signals and how to convert between the different formats. I can't find any info about this though, so if anyone could help out I would really appreciate it, Thanks

Baffled
Unregistered guest
You're kidding, right?

Here is quality picture cabling in order:

1) DVI (if you have a digital set)
2) Component (Pr, Pb, Y)
3) S-Video
4) RCA
5) coax

Bewildered at Baffled
Unregistered guest
Alex did not say, "I am worried about using the best video quality." I am sure as an Electrical Engineering major, he is intelligent enough to know that. He apparently desires a conversion between the aforementioned standards. You also forgot HDMI.

Armature
Unregistered guest
Step one: buy an inexpensive RF modulator, disassemble it, reverse engineer it.

Step two: utilizing information learned during reverse engineering, buy component parts at Radio Shack and build RCA to Coaxial Converter. This will increase your knowledge multifold over simply reading schematic on how such devices work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us