How do I access the service menu on the Samsung HLP4663W?

Gregory007
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to toggle the delay option I've been hearing about to fix the sound delay on the TV. Does anyone know how to get into the service menu on this TV?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
The Samsung has no internal delay option. People who are overcoming this problem also have receivers with a delay adjust and are using it to sync the audio and video.

xvxvxvx

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
I figured I might as well answer your title question anyway: (with the below disclaimer)

PLEASE BE ADVISED TAMPERING WITH YOUR SERVICE MENU MAY VERY WELL COMPLETELY DISABLE YOUR DISPLAY

Turn Melody off in the user menu this allows entering the Service Menu from "power on" state without using an additional lamp cycle.

With the set ON, press Power-Mute-1-8-2-Power in quick succession.
If the set is already off, press Mute-1-8-2-Power.

The service menu will appear for the input you were viewing before keying the above sequence in a minute or less.

Use the CH up the CH down and the select keys to navigate the Service Menu. Press MENU to return to the main Service Menu after viewing individual functions.

Later, you will use the VOL(+) and VOL(-) keys to change the Service Menu values.

xvxvxvx

Gregory007
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info. I tried adjusting the Sound delay (it was on delay 1) to delay 3 and it didn't make any difference, so I switched it back to normal afterwards and re-adjusted my color settings. I have a surround sound system but not one that will let me delay the sound. :-(

Unregistered guest
Does anyone happen to know the service menu code on the CXC1912 model? I've found a few variations for Samsung TVs, but none have worked on mine. Any ideas?

Username: Dolfan

Melbourne, FL United States

Post Number: 1
is this also the way to access the service menu on a hln5065w? Trying to find out the hours on the lamp.Think I may have a case of floor model being sold as new.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Gnnr

Saddle Brook, NJ USA

Post Number: 28
Is it true that this doesn't work (service menu and sound delay option)? I have read here in other threads and on other forums that this does work...

Bronze Member

Saddle Brook, NJ USA

Post Number: 33
Anyone?

x bb employee
Unregistered guest
I thought you had a B.S degree and spoke proper english and knew everything !

wait this can't be the almighty patrick cox
who is a scholar and a english genuis.

lets see... all that education and you can't
get into your service menu, you woulden't
know what to do if you did get into it .

buy a service manual that will explain
how to access the service menu ,and it's
all in proper english so you might understand
it.

How's the basement!

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Bronze Member

NJ USA

Post Number: 44
*sigh*

There is a tard on every board it seems.

The set comes tommorrow, I want to have all the documentation I might need for fine adjustments using my DVE disk, to perhaps tweak settings for audio sync, etc. Never hurts to have everything you might need on hand you know.

But then again, we all know where you are coming from xbbemp, and honestly the adults here with jobs and who are actually into this technology and home theaters as a interest or perhaps even hobby don't give two squirts about a troll like you.

And from having read numerous posts of yours, it sounds like your arkansas 5th grade education is just not cutting it. Not only do you assign things to me I never said, but you are apparently jealous of anyone able to communicate on a level higher than yours... and here is a clue, that's pretty much everyone. No wonder you are an xbbemployee... you couldn't have lasted more than a afternoon there before they canned your tail. It's a miracle you can even operate a mouse or turn on a computer to get onto this forum...

You will notice that unlike you, I haven't chased you down on these boards and tried to run you down (however pathetic your attempts really are)... it's too easy in all honesty, but really not worth my time or effort. Are you really this sad that when you are totally owned and made the fool that you can't just realize your mistake and move on...?

Just move on dude...

And thanks to Mrs. Anon for mailing me the manual... it's a big help and interesting stuff to have on hand. Hopefully I don't need it, but it's greatly appreciated.

Username: Samsungtech

Post Number: 2
Just a word of advice, if you access the service menu and you change any of the values specially the the CCA values, x,y,Y you could ruin your TV. write down any values before you make ANY changes. and NEVER do a user reset.

Bronze Member

NJ USA

Post Number: 45
Thanks Shelley.

Anonymous

what happens if The checksum was changed? will that affect my TV? i have the Samsung HC-P4241W
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us