Anyone have the RCA HD61LPW163?

Username: Tomcat17

Post Number: 1
I have been researching DLP TV's for the last few months. I am concerned about buying into this new technology arena (DLP TV's) and having reliability issues that I have seen posted throughout this forum. I know RCA has had reliability issues in the past but in this new arena just about all the manufacturers have a clean slate until proven otherwise. This RCA TV has everything I am looking for. Can someone who has one of these give me some pros and cons on this TV? Or should I look for another type of TV such as Plasma, LCD or LCOS? Thanks for any help.

tnbubba
Unregistered guest
go to rca dlp tv thread. you can e-mail len.

Anonymous

I just purchased the HD61LPW163 and its breathetaking. From the second I plugged it in the was having just the experience I was looking for. It is a good looking tv at that. I hooked up an antennae to get HD broadcasts.. once I did, the tv went from a 10 to an 11 in my book. I never seen a picture so crisp.

I had the rca projection and had tons of problems with it straight out of the box, but they replaced it with this peice and have had nothing but bliss since.

Username: Rampco

Post Number: 2
Here is a post I just made in response to another subject.

As you can see I put my name to it (not Anonymous) since I intend it as an honest opinion.

Your criteria in selecting which one (mfg, technology, features, design, etc) may be differn't than mine but I know what I wanted and the RCA had it all and then some.

Hope this helps.

"Just had to respond to one of the last posts that slammed the RCA DLPs as far the picture quality goes.

After much research and much reading of reviews/opinions over the past 3 months (both professional and consumer), I recently purchased a RCA DLP (I could have bought anything I wanted and the RCA was the last thing I looked at). The RCA's with the HD2+ chip has a picture quality and performance equal to anything else currently out there (HD3 chip equipped sets may be a differn't story, since they do have a softer picture but some like that too). The RCAs are litterly a steal (best bang for the buck) and offer top notch performance and features and compatiblity with other equipment,i.e. DVD recorders etc.

One thing I agree with the last post is that the RCA DLPs are almost problem free. I have read of hardly any problems and myself have had absolutely none, including cable card compatiblity with COMCAST!!!!!!! This is surprising from RCA (looks like RCA got it act together on this one)".

Anonymous

I recently purchased the RCA HD61LPW163 and I am very happy with this TV. As everyone has indicated the value is incredible. The picuture for me is awesome, and I have had no problems or issues. I have mine connected to the internet via the ethernet port and the first thing I did after setting it up was download the software upgrade. I love that feature. I have DirecTV satellite and feed the TV via the HDMI input. I can't say enough good things about this TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us