Username: Chili

Post Number: 1
50vx500

id & t
Unregistered guest
2 expensive for what u get. w8t 1 year for better technology

Username: Toaster

Post Number: 7
get the 50v500 instead. not worth the difference in price in my opinion.

Username: Markim

Post Number: 10
I called Hitachi about this and they told me the VX model has higher quality components.

Anonymous

The major difference between 50vx500 and 50v500 is the titanium finish which is expensive vs the silver look. As far as componenets I dont think there is any difference. Mfg cannot afford to manufacture diferrent circuit boards for only couple hundred dollars. The x model is a sleek titanuim finish and better looking.

Anonymous

The owners manual for the 50v500a includes 50vx500 & 60vx500 models. If you look at the specs for both 50v & 50vx, everything is identical - even the weight. Me think the only difference is color & price. Who would pay the extra $$$ for high gloss titanium?

Anonymous

One more thing - besides a different color, the vx series include a Deep Black Anti-reflective shield? Maybe that's where the extra $$$ are for?

Anonymous

The deep black anti-reflective shield is a slightly darker screen, something done on many of their CRT and plasma models. This coating is supposed to get slightly deeper blacks, however all other colors will appear darker as well.

The problem with the vx500 and all other director series hitachi's is that they are near impossible to find. Hitachi will only sell them to the smallest independent retail stores, not even smaller chains like Video Only are able to get them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us