Viewing distance to a DLP tv

Silver Member
Username: Martini

Post Number: 141
I have a sectional couch and if I plan on getting the Samsung 5063 or the Mits 52725, I need to figure out if my viewing distance is suitable. The one side of the couch would be 6 feet away and the other side would be 7 feet away and the wedge of the sectional couch would be 9 feet away. I can bumped that back 1 foot, but no more.

Do you think that this is too close for a 50" DLP tv or should I just get the 46"? Or should I just hold off until I get a bigger place (tear).

D & F
Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung DLP 6163. They tell you that the tv should be placed approx 15' to get the best picture. I am about 12-13' away. Not bad at all. If you are looking into getting the 50' your couch should be no closer than 7-8'. The farther back you are however the better picture you will get. Keep in mind that these measurements are good only if you are broadcasting normal tv viewing. If you hook up HD it does not matter where your couch is placed.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 37
I came across a guide that said to measure the viewing distance in inches, cut it in 1/2 and that will give you the approximate size of the widescreen TV set you should be looking for. From the front of my TV to my couch is 108" inches (9ft). Cut that in 1/2 and I get 54". I ended up buying a 52" JVC Dila and It seems to ba about right. It is no exact science and I think personal preference has a lot to do with it, but I thought I'd share how I came up with my TV size. Good Luck!!!

Anonymous

If you have to turn your head to pan the screen, either you're too close of the screen is too big. :-)

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
"If you have to turn your head to pan the screen, either you're too close or the screen is too big. :-)"

Or your eyes are crossed!

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us