Kawasaki Portable DVD Players

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through March 13, 2005Theresa100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Markz
Unregistered guest
Theresa http://www.18002526123.com/ This website should have the part you need. If you got yours from a store it should of had the car adapter with it. I would take it back and get a different player. Hope this website helps. The companies name is ALCO, look under Kawasaki and then car video and then you will see the model numbers. Looks like their asking $3.50, don't know what s/h is though. Good luck

Unregistered guest
I have the PVS1965 and it works great. It was one of the only portable DVD players (low cost players) that played DVD-R. While travelling in a our van I found the volume to be a little low, so for $20 I bought a FM transmitter at Best Buy and now the volume comes out my car speakers, just like surround sound.
Other then at the www.1800... or online does anyone know if you and buy a longer DIN cable at stores? Please email me at newt103@yahoo.com if you have the answer.

Debby L.
Unregistered guest
I am wondering if the case on the Venturer website and/or the Targus case mentioned at Wal Mart/Target will secure to the car seat for safe viewing while driving. Any feedback?

Unregistered guest
I have a Kawasaki 6.5" player that I bought for my son 6 months ago and I absolutely love it. I'm very thankful for these posts because I was searching to buy an extra battery. Thank you very much for that information.

Unregistered guest
Debby L.,
I purchased a case at Walmart for my PVS1665 and it came with straps to attach it to the a headrest and I think I paid $15 for the case. It works great.

Troll
Unregistered guest
We bought the Kawasaki PVS1965 dual screen mobile DVD player from Target for $300. We loved it except it was limited to region 1. We used the hack above from Targetpuker and it worked on this machine too! Now we can play our Swedish PAL videos too! Kudos to Targetpuker! * Turn the DVD power on by either plugging into wall or using battery unit.
* Open the disc tray.
* Use your remote to type in 8132 and 8. (note little hyphens will appear as you type in the numbers, it's normal so keep on typing!)
* When you type the final 8, a line of text will come up that says something to the effect of "Region 1 ".
* Hit the enter button untill you reach region 9. (this is region free, meaning your unit will play any dvd from any region and those DVDs even recorded in PAL format, the European standard. The US standard is NTSC)
* Close disc tray.
Your unit is now multiregional. I tried this and it plays both American and Swedish DVDs under this coding.

Markz
Unregistered guest
Just got back from a 6hr trip. The PVS1965 worked great. The girls couldn't decide on a movie so I put one in the playstation and one in the DVD player and they both watched seperate movies. No more fighting over who watches what. The picture was great and the kids said they had no problem hearing the movies through the headphones. I've got an even bigger trip in June. The PVS1965 should work out just fine.

Anonymous

hi can you help with unlocking all regions on my philips dvp520 please

Unregistered guest
Our PVS 1965 just took a dump. When we load a DVD it spins 1/4 turn then stops dead. Can't find any support online for any such issue. Any ideas?

anomyiniashd
Unregistered guest
u r soppuse to use them on a hard serface so they dont skip

ian 5555
Unregistered guest
I saw the Kawasaki dual disc dual screen at target yesterday, has any one seen them and what do you think, I can't seem to find it on the internet to find more info on it.

ANJ
Unregistered guest
I saw the Kawasaki dual screen portable dvd player at Target today for $279.99. It sounds from all the feedback that it is pretty good for the money. I am reading that some are satified with the sound while some are not, I have 3 boys and this needs to have good sound coming out of it in our van. How is the sound quality compared to other portable dvds?

JZ
Unregistered guest
Markz, how did you hook up the playstation in the car? We are trying to figure out how to turn the playstation on without a power source?

dbark
Unregistered guest
I've had one of these for about a year and a half and have had no problems with it. The sound is pretty good - much stronger than most of the other low priced alternatives.

kurbanski1979@yahoo.com
Unregistered guest
My Kawasaki PVS 1080 is saying "no valid disc" and the dvd won't even spin. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Hi

I just bought a Kawasaki PVs1965 [dual screen]
Does anyone know if it comes with a battery ?

MLucas
Unregistered guest
I have only had my Kawasaki PVS1080 for 4 months. My remote died. It worked the first few times I used it. Naturally, it is past the warranty time frame. Any suggestions on trouble shooting?

Unregistered guest
I just bought the PVS1965 and hooked it up and the volume control on the unit doesn't work, only the ones on the screen. Returned it for a different one and that one does the same thing. Anyone know if there is a setting that's supposed to be changed or did I just get "lucky" and found 2 with the same defect?

Swamhale
Unregistered guest
The volume control on the unit doesn't control the volume from the monitors, only the volume through the earphones. In order to control the monitor volume, you need to adjust the individual monitors. I don't think this is a defect.

Unregistered guest
Purchased an Kawasaki PVS 1080. works GREAT, however, i lost the remote. is there any one or any place that sell it for a good price? please e-mail, thanks.

Markz
Unregistered guest
Jz, sorry it took so long to get back. As far as the playstation goes I got a power converter. I plug the playstation into the converter and then plug the converter into the cig. dc outlet of the car. It works great. My mini van has many dc outlets so I can plug the dvd player and converter all in at once.

schat
Unregistered guest
I bought PVS1965 from target last week. The dvd playback is stoping(picture becomes still and I also can hear a craking sound from the dvd player) for at least 15 times both in the car and house.Initially, I thought it is the problem of the car adapter getting power supply from the car battery but this is happening at my house with ac supply too. This only happens after 20-25 minutes of playback. Any ideas. Should I return this?

DDC guy
Unregistered guest
I just bought the Kawasaki 1965 at Target for $250.00. What a great price for a dual screen system, seems too good to be true. I bought an Apex portable a few years ago, what a hunk of junk. I haven't opened the box to the 1965 yet, so I'm very relived to hear the mostly positive feedback on this model. I'm going to use it on a trip the end of this month so Ill post how it performed.

DDC guy
Unregistered guest
I just bought the Kawasaki 1965 at Target for $250.00. What a great price for a dual screen system, seems too good to be true. I bought an Apex portable a few years ago, what a hunk of junk. I haven't opened the box to the 1965 yet, so I'm very relived to hear the mostly positive feedback on this model. I'm going to use it on a trip the end of this month so Ill post how it performed.

Jrmckins
Unregistered guest
I just bought a PVS 1965 and LOVE it... over 20 hours of play time in its first week and it was fine. I'm trying to burn DVDs for it (my kids scratch the heck out of their DVDs so I make copies) but can't seem to get them to work on the 1965... Any ideas?

jrmckins
Unregistered guest
Nevermind... burn at 4x works.. burn at 8x doesn't...

Unregistered guest
Help - I just bought a PVS2970S twin screens and twin dvd player. Is this a good product? Has anyone tried it yet? I'm taking a long trip with my grandkids and really need something that will work.

galaxip
Unregistered guest
My wife bought a PVS1965 today at Target for $280. I am overjoyed to read that the 8132 and 8 unregion code is supposed to work. I'll try it tonight. I think it's time to invest in a playstation so the kids can each watch their own dvd. I already have a very cheap power inverter from eBay. I also have an FM transmitter to hook up to the main console headphone jack, so we can put the audio on the car stereo. I have one of those battery powered atari game units, too. WooHoo!
Too bad I have to be the driver!

galaxip
Unregistered guest
Hey anyone try a universal battery in spite of the warnings? http://www.batteriesamerica.com/bp-1270_power_kit.htm
or build one!
http://www.twcac.org/Tutorials/bcastro_01.htm

korie
Unregistered guest
I just bought the Kawasaki 1080 at target for $199. Thank you for posting the dezoning method. I was about to return it since my son and daughter has alot of VCD's. I found a very good case made by iCON from target for $19.99. It mounts to the back of your car seat as well and holds everything including accessories plus 8 disc. Here's what I do. I place the battery charger and the car adapter behind my Kawasai player. I place the wall plugs, the blue, red, white connectors into the mesh bag within the disc holder area and then place your spare battery loosely (not within the mesh) adjacent the entrance area. The remote can be placed on extra outer compartment with flap. This seem to be the most compact look. Now,if you use the spare battery with the player in the car using the iCON case/mount, it's a bit tight but doable. However, when my kids use it in the car we plug it to our car power outlet and the case holds the player perfectly. For an airplane, whether it fits perfectly within the bag with the charged battery is moot to me cause you can just place the DVD player on the table behind the airplane seats. Hope this helps. I hope my player won't run into the problems some of you mentioned.

Gio A
Unregistered guest
I went to Target today to buy the Kawasaki PV2970S (7" dual screen, plays 2 DVDs). Unfortunately it's not available and saw the Kawasaki PVS1965. I'm more attracted to the PV2970S considering it is capable of playing 2 DVDs at the same time. Anyway, since I really need a DVD player for tomorrow's 1100 miles trip, I settled for the PVS1965. I was just amazed when I set it up. It is the right box that I need! Since it was part of my plan to connect my XBox, it turns out that I actually have a 2-DVD player. My 2 kids can play games together / or, either one plays and the other watch DVD / or, both watch the same DVD / or, watch 2 different DVDs. All these viewing arrangements can be easily done (or change anytime) by 2 monitor switches. So if you're planning to connect a game console capable of playing DVDs, buy the PVS1965 instead of the PV2970S. It is definitely simpler to setup, more user friendly (specially kids) and $70 cheaper though has a bit smaller screen which is not noticeable. By the way, thanks for the region-free codes guys! I'm able to play regions 1 & 3. It can play copied(8x) DVDs too!

Susan W
Unregistered guest
Based on the good feedback for the Kawasaki PVS1965 we are going to look at it tonight. I see many people have copies of their DVDs. I have a DVD burner and was wondering if anyone had "easy to follow :-)" directions to copy the kids DVDs and possibly PS2 games for our trip. I tried a while back and wasn't able to successfully copy. Thank You!

Anonymous

My Kawasaki PVS 1080 is saying "no valid disc" and the dvd won't spin. A poster had this question above earlier, but I have the same now. PLEASE help us figure this out! I am playing regular commercian movies. It has worked well for 7 months and now- blitz!

Nixx
Unregistered guest
Before you buy the "Kawasaki" PVS1965 (though I have it and works great!) from Target ($280, 6.5-inch monitor), you might want to consider lower-price-bigger-screen "Durabrand" PVS1970, new from Walmart ($238, 7inch monitor). I think they're from the same manufacturer because both systems almost look the same, similar model series and has the same functionalities. I think the manufacturer changed the brand name so they can sell "Kawasaki brand" at a higher price in Target. Just my speculation.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3639085

Unregistered guest
We're also looking for a DVD for the car - long road trip coming up with two small children :-)

Has anyone tried the PVS1970 from WalMart? I was pretty much set to go checkout the PVS1965 from Target, but for less money and a potentially newer version of the same unit... (plus 7" vs 6.5" screen if that makes much difference)

faraday
Unregistered guest
I am also wanting to buy either the PVS1970 or PVS1965.

HELP!!!

Anonymous

Does anyone have any experience with these players (e.g., PVS-1665) and leaving them in the mini-van with the heat? I would plan on taking it out for extended periods, but would it last the few hours in the heat?

Unregistered guest
We picked up a PVS1965 and so far the kids love it. I wish it were all Bluetooth so I didn't have all the wires! The worst part is deciding where to "mount" the main DVD unit so the kids don't kick/step on it and it remains secure while the vehicle is in motion.

I'm still curious on the differences between PVS1965 and the PVS1970. The 1970 has a different DVD unit. The screens are similar but 1970 has 0.5" larger LCD. The DVD unit on 1970 looks the same as the one on the PVS1960 as shown at ALCO's site (http://www.18002526123.com).

If model numbers are an indication, this leads me to wonder if the 1970 is a repackaged 1960 and therefore if the DVD unit of 1960/1970 is "older' in design than the 1965? Does 1965 have some advantages? I like the look of the 1965 better.

BTW - the reason we got a 1965 is that Walmart (in Santa Clarita, CA) did not have a PVS1970 unit (clerk said probably web store only) so I could not try it out. The reviews of the 1965 here werepositive enough that I just trusted in buying it. So far I'm happy. We also picked up two pair of the Memorex noise cancelling headphones fot the kids - now we can also listen to our own music while they watch DVD/Playstation2. What is the world coming to? :-)

FrankinNY
Unregistered guest
kawasaki pvs1965 is on sale this week at target for $259.88 normally $279.99. i bought it at $299 a couple months ago and it works great.

WayneS
Unregistered guest
I have a 1965 as well...As anyone found a good way to fix the main unit in place, in a car/van?? I am worried about puting the player on the floor with kids...Or on the seat where it can fall off..The screens have their on hold-down so they are not a problem..
IDEAS

Unregistered guest
I have a Kawasaki PVS166W and would like to know if a battery exists for it that will last longer than 2 hours. Anyone know the answer?

Anonymous

I'm planning to purchase at Target the PVS1965S Kawasaki mobile DVD system with two 6.5" screens...built-in speakers, 3 headphone jacks, carrying case, mounting straps and car adapter...I do not know anything about this stuff, but after reading reviews think this is a good purchase. Do you need to purchase better headphones and where is the best place to mount? How do you set this up? And about how long does it take? Thanks...

Anonymous

I have had my kawasaki pvs1665 for a while and has worked great until yesterday when i put a disc in and it said no valid disc. I thought maybe it was just the disc but i put several others in and it said the same thing, any ideas??

faraday
Unregistered guest
GIO A

So, you need a game console capible of playing DVD's if you want to play two different DVD's?

What kind of console would that be?
Like xbox or playstation?
Thanks!

Gio A
Unregistered guest
>>>FARADAY

Yes, Xbox (with DVD kit) or playstation2 will be the second DVD player. I have an xbox connected to the PVS1965. The following are the posible viewing combinations:
..........monitor-1..................monitor-2
.........-------------------..........-------------------
...A.....DVD movie-A........DVD movie-A
...B.....DVD movie-A........DVD movie-B
...C.....DVD movie-A........video game
...D.....DVD movie-B........DVD movie-A
...E.....DVD movie-B........DVD movie B
...F.....video game.............video game
...G.....video game.............DVD movie-A

note: movie-A played on PVS1965, movie-B played on Xbox/PS2

Nixx
Unregistered guest
coyote has a point, that the PVS1970 DVD unit is probably a repackaged PVS1960. And I agree that the PVS1965 DVD unit looks better!

faraday
Unregistered guest
GIO A

You are awsome!! Thanks so much! I still cant decide on the 1965 or 1970 since the 1970 has bigger screens. ~Wal-Mart or Target~????

Thanks again!

High Voltage
Unregistered guest
Sounds like faraday has the right idea. I would get the 7" screens. It would make it much easier for Emma to see Nemo. Ian can play PS2 Killzone and use headphones.

Anonymous

I have the Kawasaki Portable DVD player, PVS 1665. I need a manual and advice on the sound, my daughter can hardly hear it when the volume is on full blast!
Thanks

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me the length of the Kawasaki cables? I'd like to have one screen for the kids in the middle seat of my van and another in the far back, but don't know if the second screen will reach that far. Thanks

littlemama
Unregistered guest
Hi-
The one at walmart.com reads
"Note: This player does not have a battery, it plugs into a car socket or wall socket"
Is the one target sells able to run on batteries? That may explain the $20 difference. I'm going to target to see if it does. If so, then that's the one I'll buy.

Also, I was wondering - Is the cord long enough to have one tv on the back of a front seat and one on the back of a middle seat? I have four kids, so I can't fit them all in the same row of seats!

littlemama

Markz
Unregistered guest
Video cable that goes from the dvd unit to the monitor is 6ft 6in. Just used my Kwasaki 1965 system again on a 3000mi roundtrip vacation(about 10-15hrs of use) and it worked great with the dvd and playstation hookup. No the PVS1965 does not come with batteries just car and AC hookup. I only use it for the car.

kathyb
Unregistered guest
I am also trying to decide between the Kawasaki PVS1965 at Target (on sale this week for $259.88) and the Durabrand PVS 1970 at Wal-Mart for $238. It's very hard to get info on the manufacturers and the best I can tell is that they're both made by Alco (also makes Audiovox and Venturer brands) so they seem to be pretty similar. The one big difference is that the Wal Mart player has 7" screens and the one at Target has 6.5" screens. Do I want to pay $22 more to get smaller screens? or is there some other difference that I don't see? Under "features", the one from Wal Mart says widescreen format and that it plays DVD/CD/MP3-CD formats. Does anyone know what that all means? The Target one says DVD/CD/MP3/CD-R/CD-RW Playback. I'm going on a 3 week trip across country with 5 kids and need help deciding which one to get. Thanks for any input.

jenc
Unregistered guest
I can't decide between the two either. I noticed the Durabrand has one of the screens connected to the dvd unit (the Kawasaki has separate screens and a separate unit) and when mounted on the back of the headrest, the unit would be hanging vertically. Does anyone know if the DVD will work correctly in that position? I'm leaving on a trip soon and want to figure out which one to go with! Thanks!

Username: Yasuko73

Post Number: 1
Alco Car DVD w/ 8.4" Widescreen LCD & Gaming System - This one that Walmart is selling is actually a venturer PVS6081G .... I love it, it works great so far, very nice picture, easy to hack for region free and plays everything I've thrown into it, The thing I really like is that it has no batteries that run out because it runs directly off of the car cigarette lighter. I use it in my car every weekend when we park in the beachpark at night, the games on it are pretty lame but thats not why I bought it. Not bad for less than $200 bucks....Upload

Post Number: 2
P.S. definately get the cassete adapter if your car has a casette player and plug it into the headphone jack on the Alco Car DVD w/ 8.4" Widescreen, your car audio system will sound way better than the built in speaker on this one....its friggin awesome

kathyb
Unregistered guest
You can get the Durabrand PVS 1970 at Wal Mart with two 7" screens that are separate from the DVD unit. I found it in the automotive section. These screens tilt to prevent glare, which my kids say is necessary. The one I saw that was connected to the DVD unit had a gaming device included. I don't believe the screen that is attached to the DVD unit in that one tilts.

Post Number: 3
yah, the one that is attached to the player does tilt, but it doesnt tilt much, however, that can be overcome by just loosening or tightening the velcro strap a little bit....how is the Durabrand PVS 1970, pretty good?

Unregistered guest
also looking for a dual screen portable dvd player with gaming capabilities. Has onyone seen/ used /bought this one? Kawasaki Mobile Video System with 2 DVD Players and Monitors - PVS297OS ( 7" screens)
Target is selling for 349. I have not found many 2 screen portable car adapter systems, except the ones listed here.. and I have a real problem with supporting UGH Walmart.
Also, to run a PS2 through this or any other portable monitor, I just need a car adapter, right?
Available at electronics store, I'm guessing.
which brings up another question-- can't I just buy 2 screens?

Username: Jalgel

Coral Springs, FL USA

My grandson's Kawasaki 1080 says no valid disc also. He has lost all the warranty papers and manual. Does anyone know how to fix this problems, or if not, where can I get it fixed? One more question - how long is the warranty that came with it? He got it for Christmas 2004.

TIm Kanski
Unregistered guest
I Have A PVS 166W with a remote that doesn't work!!! Does anyone know any way to make it multi regional without the remote? Or, better yet, does anyone know the code for it in a universal remote? Please help, I'm buying a region 2 DVD!!!

roadhog
Unregistered guest
Hello, I am interested in the PVS 1965 and have a question about the way the monitors mount to the headrests. Are they strap-ons like the Dura1970 or do they mount differently? Also, what is the length of the warranty? Was unable to see that info on the Target web site.

Jay Allred
Unregistered guest
My Kawasaki PVS 1965 purchased the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2004 at Target in Macon, GA. worked well until Sunday, July 3, 2005. Now displays "No Valid Disk" on all DVDs. I have seen three other posting with this question. Please does anyone have any suggestions. I went to the Alco website and tried the factory reset and cleaning that they recommended in FAQ. Still displays "No Valid Disk".

Username: Jalgel

Coral Springs, FL USA

Jay, I am one of the people who had that problem too. I didn't know about the cleaning and factory reset.... But someone said they just took the DVD player back to Target and they got an even exchange. I'm going to give that a try. I'll let you know how it goes. Feel free to email me directly.

Unregistered guest
Ref: Kawasaki mobile DVD system. Just got mine and want to set it up for both kids to use ear phones. However I can only find one jack for earphones. Do I need a splited or something that wasn't provided?
Thanks in advance.
Trainwasher

dnap
Unregistered guest
I have the PVS2970S and it will not play my dvd-r. Can I use the 8132 8 to make this work? It it a great dvd player, I like it.

Anonymous

Does anyone know if you can get extension cords for so that the parents can control the player in the front seat and not have the cords all over the car. It would be nice to be able to run to cords under the seats and floor board.

Username: Ktopkat

I have a broken main unit (wife broke it) Durabrand PVS1960 the 2 monitors work fine. I can replace the main unit for $80. (http://www.18002526123.com) A friend is selling his venturer PVS6081G. Before I purchase this. Is it possible to add one of my extra screens to the PVS6081G?

Hans from germany
Unregistered guest
Is it possible, to run the TFT-Screen of the PSC1960 as a
stand alone display ?
I have downloaded the manual, but can not find any
hint.
If the connection is build by a DIN-cable, so it
should be possible, to make an adapter wie separate AC/AV input.
Next week, we will have it in WALMART Germany
for 249 Euro.
But its called as Clartronic DVD-Car Cinema DVD 622 LCD

http://www.clatronic.de/viashop/storefront/produkt.asp?ProduktID=763

and looks like the same product and also as a
modell called DUAL , wich is in WALMART today, but for 299 EURO
..so I think I will wait till monday :D

Jay Allred
Unregistered guest
To all those that are getting the "No Valid Disc" on the Kawasaki portable DVD players. After several emails to support@alcosupport.com and Support@18002526123.com. I finally got a reply. Unless the reset listed in the FAQ section of the websites 18002526123.com corrects the situation, your unit is dead. The company wants $45 to repair or replace the unit.

allison201194
Unregistered guest
help! does anyone know how to charge the battery if an initial DVD player?

Unregistered guest
MY KAWASAKI PVS 1080 DOES NOT REGISTER ANY MOVIES I PUT INTO IT. IT WAS WORKING WELL BUT I THINK SOMETHING INSIDE OF IT MIGHT HAVE BUSTED OR COME LOOSE. ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GET IT FIXED?

DUHHHHHHHHHHH
Unregistered guest
To Chris SGT- In case you can't read, there was a post on this already and what to do. If it says no valid disc, just use the reset in the FAQs of 18002526123.com. Otherwise yours is broke and the company wants $45 to repair or exchange it. My advice: Return your defective product! Also, did you try making your player multi-regional? If you try to play region 2 DVDs on a Region 1 Player, it won't work.

kboogie
Unregistered guest
For those of you wondering how to keep the DVD console in place.... Here's a little tip - Purchase a sturdy piece of velcro. Tape one piece to your seat and the other piece to the bottom of the console. Works well on leather, not sure about cloth interiors but give it a try!

wild4trv30
Unregistered guest
I just bought the Durabrand 1970. Used it a little, and the kids love it. We mainly bought it for an upcoming road trip.

Has anyone had any experience with its tolerances when leaving it in a hot mini-van. I plan to take it out when not in use for extended periods, but wanted to leave it in while traveling. There are no specs. in the manual for this.

Thanks.

P.S. These are TFT screens right? (I've seen crisper pictures on other LCDs--obviously at a higher price). Not complaining, just curious since the specs. didn't list this.

H3LP3R
Unregistered guest
wild4trv30- I used a PVS166W in a hot car and left it in there for 6-8 hours at a time. Worked fine, and it didn't melt! Just make sure all your DVDs are put away, they could melt

wild4trv30
Unregistered guest
H3LP3R,

Thanks for the info.

Username: Gutzyone

My son just bought a Kawasaki PVS1102 at Target for $205. It is a 10". Does anyone know about this one? Is it a good Player? Worth the $$?

Kathyb
Unregistered guest
Just returned from my 3 week cross country trip with another mom and our 5 kids in a mini-van. Bought the PVS 1965 dual screen DVD at Target 2 weeks before we left and after one week of trying it around town, one screen went blue. Exchanged it no problem since I had the box and receipt. The next one worked for 11 movies until we got to Yellowstone - had the same problem - one screen went blue. Exchanged it in Utah. Target was great, but that one smelled and smoked and stopped working after 1 movie. Next Target we saw was in Santa Fe, NM, and they were also great about exhanging it since I brought the receipt along. This one has been working well since then. It is an absolute dream in the van - we got 2 splitters so we could have 4 people watching at one time and when we needed 5, we had an extension cord that we plugged into the main unit that worked for the extra person. You do need to listen to the movies with headphones as the sound isn't very good without them. It's great as long as it works and we didn't really mind the cables. We kept the unit on the floor between the middle of the front two seats. Love it but am saving my receipt-

Username: Annamouse

I'm looking at the 10" PVS1102 (Target clearance). Will this model play DVD+R/RW or DVD-R/RW disks?

wild4trv30
Unregistered guest
Kathyb,

I'm about to head out for a trip with the Durabrand PVS 1970 (similar version of yours, but from Wal-Mart). We've used it for short trips about 3 times now without problems. However, you posts along with some previous posts have convinced me to make sure I take the receipt along on the trip--hopefully, I won't need it.

I was curious about your description of the screen going blue. Were you sure the screen went bad, or could the switch for the one monitor on the side of the player unit been switched to "AV/IN" instead of "DVD". I know this happened to me upon initial set-up. After rechecking all the connections, I realized the one switch for the blue monitor was set for AV/IN.

Thanks,

wild4trv30

Kathyb
Unregistered guest
wild4trv30, Quite honestly, I left the connections in the hands of my 15 and 11 yr olds. I do recall that if we switched the cables from one screen to the other, then the blue screen would work and the other one would go blue. Both screens would work initially, then in the middle of a movie, one would stop. The 3rd system we got was obviously defective as it was smoking! I was torn about getting the one from Wal Mart or the one from Target (I actually bought both, but returned the larger screen ones right before we left). We saw many more Wal Marts along the way than Targets so we would've gotten a new one earlier if we had that version. Good luck with your trip - I'd be curious to know how yours holds up - Kathyb

Newuser
Unregistered guest
I have the PVS1965 and love it. I used the info provided above to set it so it'd play my VCDs. It works great in the car. I wanted to connect it to my TV at home and it works but the display on the TV is all black-n-white. I saw info somewhere on what needs to be changed on the TV, but now that I need it, I cannot find that info. Does anyone know what I need to change on my TV so it displays in color? Thank you much!

soccerchik
Unregistered guest
does anybody know how to charge the battery for a kawasaki PVS 1080? my friend let me borrow it and i cant find her manual.

cheung-brkylyn
Unregistered guest
looking for accessories of kawasaki DVD player such as pv2970 & pv2970s, see the manifacturer's (ALCO electronics)web site www.venturer.com

Anonymous

Could someone tell me if the Kawasaki 10 inch DVD (#PVS1102) have the capability of hooking up to a home television and does the cable for this hook-up come with it?

Phish0742
Unregistered guest
Im having the "NO VALID DISC" error. I went to the website faq (http://18002526123.com/findit/pvs1080faq.htm) but cant find anything about a "reset" fix. Am i on the wrong page or something. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Brett

Unregistered guest
I just purchased a Kawasaki PVS1965 for $280. I was a little concerned that it stated on the box that it would support only Region 1 until I saw the hack information in this web site. I tried and it worked. You guys are great for sharing this information. Just want to say thanks. I will be going on a long trip (4000miles) and I'm sure both my kids will be a lot happier now that they can watch their favorite movies in the car. I will let you know after the trip if this system is reliable for extended use.

Username: Hatfat

Instructions for the "No Valid Disc Error" reset are here... http://www.18002526123.com/findit/2004pvstroubleshooting.htm

I'm having the same problem, has the reset worked for anyone else?

Anonymous

Does Kawasaki have a website? I am trying to find the specs for the PVS1965.

Markz
Unregistered guest
Here is the manuel to th PVS1965. http://www.18002526123.com/findit/PVS1965_E.pdf Hope it works. I believe you'll need Adobe Reader to open.

Unregistered guest
I borrowed someone's PVS1965 and it worked great for 300 miles. Then I simply moved it from the seat to the middle tray and later went to restart it and the power came on but the screens did nothing. I pushed in the cables but nothing still. I read the manual online and it has no answers. Obviously if the DVDs worked on the way here then it is not a zone issue. PLEASE help!!!!! I have to give it back to her WORKING!!!!

Kathyb
Unregistered guest
Bethbow: I've had five different PVS1965s over the summer, used each one for various number of miles on our 6,200 mile trip across country and back. They're great when they work but they do blank out and I haven't found a way to fix them. I've been lucky and been able to exchange them at Target. I don't think there's anything you did - it's just a defect in the player (my kids actually think the problem lies in the cables). Good luck.

Anonymous

I'm interested in purchasing the PVS1965 from Target. The www.18002526123.com site shows that you can purchase additional monitors for the player for $120.

Does anyone know if there is a way to hook-up a THIRD monitor to the dvd player?

Thanks.

zman2264
Unregistered guest
No the "factory reset" didn't work, add another one to the "No Valid Disc, Error" $200 dollars down the drain club :-(

Kathyb
Unregistered guest
Anonymous: Here's what the website says about hooking up additional monitors:
Can I add another monitor to the PVS machine?

All of the PVS units come with an AV OUT source. This can be connected to an additional monitor that has RCA inputs. The AVM670 can be purchased as an additional monitor and connect the PVS unit to the RCA INPUT. The PVS1966/PVS1960/PVS1977 have DIN outputs; however, no DIN splitter is included for connecting multiple slave screens.

Ed L
Unregistered guest
Hi - just bought the 7" screen dual PVS2970S for $349.99 at Target yesterday. I bought this one because of the convenience of the kids being able to play 2 different movies at once. I read through all of the experiences some of you had been through already and at least I will know beforehand what I can expect.

This unit is no frills in terms of the appearance in which it is almost "X -Boxish" like in color and appearance. For the price and the convenience advertised, it fits my anticipated needs. And for the occasional roaming car thief out there, the unit is kind of unassuming enough.....I hope, but at least unassuming enough to take it bumps and scratches for the normal wear and tear of the kids and the constant stashing under the seat when leaving the car at mall parking lots.

One monitor can extend to the front passenger visor from the second row floor, but just enough.
My question to the experts out there - Can the monitor cord be swapped out or spliced for a more longer cord than the factory one????? Would make the web of cables a little less crowded that exists now.

Ed L
Unregistered guest
Hi - just bought the 7" screen dual PVS2970S for $349.99 at Target yesterday. I bought this one because of the convenience of the kids being able to play 2 different movies at once. I read through all of the experiences some of you had been through already and at least I will know beforehand what I can expect.

This unit is no frills in terms of the appearance in which it is almost "X -Boxish" like in color and appearance. For the price and the convenience advertised, it fits my anticipated needs. And for the occasional roaming car thief out there, the unit is kind of unassuming enough.....I hope, but at least unassuming enough to take it bumps and scratches for the normal wear and tear of the kids and the constant stashing under the seat when leaving the car at mall parking lots.

One monitor can extend to the front passenger visor from the second row floor, but just enough.
My question to the audio experts out there - Can the monitor cord be swapped out or spliced for a more longer cord than the factory one????? I checked the the website to no avail. Would make the web of cables a little less crowded that exists now.

Texas Will
Unregistered guest
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=446567#POST446567

zman2264 I bought my 1965 at the local Target store and was able to exchange it even without a receipt. I believe that these are overall inferior products but,they are decent for a fraction of what some other systems sell for. My kids have also watched Barney on one screen and played the super joystick (another less than perfect,but great for car option at $20)on the other. When someone broke my window and took the 1965, they basically left the rest of my car undamaged. So the in or out option for 279.00 makes it worth trying.

SCOTT McGUIRE
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A 1965 DVD PLAYER,I TOO HAD A NO VALID DISC PROBLEM.BUT I THINK I FOUND A WAY TO FIX IT.MY PLAYER STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF A MOVIE,THE DISC JUST STOP SPINING.I FOUND THIS SITE AND WAS GOING TO TRY THE THE RESET THAT EVERYONE SAYS TO DO.BUT I STARTED PLAYING WITH THE LASER EYE TRACKING UNIT MINE WAS STOP IN THE MIDDLE.TURN THE POWER ON AND GENTLY NUDGE THE UNIT BACK AND FORTH. THE UNIT SHOULD MOVE,MOST LIKELY DIRT OR IN MY CASE A ROUGH ROAD CAUSE THE TRACKING TO JAM I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR EVERYONE

Happy as a clam
Unregistered guest
SCOTT MCGUIRE IS THE MAN!!! I tried this after all of the other nonsense and it worked! THANK YOU SCOTT!!

Clark B
Unregistered guest
Scott's fix worked on my PVS1965, too. Thank you for saving me $45 and lots of headaches.

KathyLT
Unregistered guest
Hi-I'm planning to buy one of the units either at Target or Walmart. I've enjoyed reading the information here. However, I don't understand what the "regions" are. Would someone please explain them? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I am interested in buying the PVS2970S, but can't find it anywhere!! Anyone know where I can find it. Target has the PVS1965, but it isn't dual disc. Does Kawasaki have a website? I can't find that either. I'm wondering if I can buy it from the manufacture??

Tracy Spohn-Witt
Unregistered guest
I just called ALCo to find the differences between the Durabrand and the Kawasaki--the rep told me to spend the extra money on the Kawasaki at Target because they have had problems with the Durabrand. I guess you get what you pay for.....hope this helps (Kawasaki PVS 1965 vs Durabrand PVS 1970)

dawnita
Unregistered guest
I have the walmart durabrand one and it's a big pile of steaming CRAP!

If the screens get unplugged a few times (which you should be able to do!!) it loses a good connection and the screens will flicker on/off, or sound/no sound... I hate it. I got the first one last summer... near the end of the 90 days I exchanged it for another. Now this one is also junk, same problem. Also sometimes some of the buttons don't work, that's hit or miss. I'm thinking of getting the kawasaki 1965 from target instead, but it makes me nervous because it's from the same company.

theresaT
Unregistered guest
I have a Kawasaki PVS1665. I got it for a gift last Christmas, and it's not even been a year yet, but yesterday I turned it on and the screen just had blue stripes on it. I tried to switch back and forth between the settings (dvd and av/in), and have tried to use both the battery and normal ac adapter, but none of those worked. The screen is still distorted. I've kept the unit in a cool, dry place, and did not hit it against anything. I called the 1-800-525-6123 number, but they were no help. Does anyone have any suggestions?? It would be most appreciated....thanks!!

theresaT
Unregistered guest
Oops, I noticed that I had a typo in my previous posting. I DID call the correct phone number..
1-800-252-6123, and they were no help.

Unregistered guest
I am considering purchasing a 1965 for my kids for an upcoming long trip however I have read all the postings and don't quite understand about the regions and what needs to be done to hack it. Can someone help me? What is the difference? I don't want to buy this thing and then have to take it back just because I can't work it.

Anonymous

I have the Kawasaki PVS1965 and it works great, but we lost the remote control, does any one know where to buy a replacement ?, have any one tried a "universal remote control" ?.

Any ideas are appreciated, please email to xprudhomme@gmail.com

Reese R
Unregistered guest
Scott's fix was a bit more delicate than I needed, but his idea is what got it back on track. My lens unit was stuck in the middle of the track as well, but gently pulling it back and forth did not work. I actually had to pull it back to the middle with a good bit of force. The unit made clicking sounds as the lens unit moved back, but after doing that, the unit started working again. This was after I tried the Factory Reset, and the Region option and neither of those had worked. I do not know how long this will last, but it's good for now. This is on a PVS1970 unit.

Username: Tkswift

Poulsbo, WA United States

HELP! My Kawasaki dual DVD player is broken. The repair shop said the motor is bad and they can't fix it. Does anyone have any ideas? It is less than a year old and used only occasionally for long trips.

sasafrass
Unregistered guest
I have a 1965 as well that is only a few months old. Used it on our road trip to get away from katrina. Now the screen is blue. I've noticed other people posting with the same issue. I think the problem with mine is that one of the cords might be damaged. Any ideas on where I can purchase just the cords. Any help will be appreciated.

Pagash
Unregistered guest
Target has the PVS1965 for $239 at the moment, in-store. I bought one today, just thought I'd share the info in case anyone else was looking.

Anonymous

I purchased the kawasaki dual dvd player a few months ago and didnt open the box till recently one of the screens does not work does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be?

Anonymous

Wal-Mart is able to offer lower prices on some products (such as the Duraband mentioned above), because the internal electronics as well as other internal components are made cheaper ... all in all some may lack in quality. So, beware when purchasing electronics from Wal-Mart. I'm an engineer with a company that supplies mechanical/electrical connectors. Some products may not go by a different name either, so you think you're comparing apples to apples where price becomes the deciding factor, when in actuality the product is different in some way. Just a word of caution. I've bought electronics from Wal-Mart and they've worked fine. I'm only responding to the post regarding the Duraband brand being crap, and in an earlier post it was compared to another brand and they stated how they "looked exactly alike".

Unregistered guest
hi i have a pvs 1665 and am wanting to hook up an xbox to it what cords do i have to buy

lynnb
Unregistered guest
Thank you Scott McGuire. We didn't have to tell Grandma her Christmas gift didn't last a year. Thank so much for the laser eye fix!!!

Monique
Unregistered guest
Just bought the Kawasaki Portable 8.4" DVD Player - PVS1080. At Target for 139.00 the after Thanksgiving sale. It looks nice. My question is if anyone knows, Can I plug in the PS2 to it and how would I get it to work? I have two boys and I would like for them to have a variety of things to do while on a trip. Do I have to buy anything seperate? Please help. Thank You

BrenAZ
Unregistered guest
I just bought the 9" portable DVD player-PVS10921 and it doesn't appear to have a car adapter. Does anyone know if it is possible to add a car adapter on my own somehow? I appreciate any guidance I can get. Thanks!

sssssssssppppp
Unregistered guest
What does multiregional mean?

another kanski
Unregistered guest
Sorry that this is way off topic, but I noticed that someone named Tim Kanski posted here in July. I am searching for you! Please email me at boywithspork@yahoo.com

Username: Zydeco05

Does anyone have the support number for Kawasaki or where and how we can get extra stuff? My son lost the charger for his PVS1665 and I cannot find a number anywhere or a charger online. Thanks

Begal68
Unregistered guest
Regarding the Kawasaki PVS1080 - I am having the same problem mentioned several times earlier "no valid disc". It doesn't even spin. Bought in May 2005 - broke in November 2005. Called Target store for a repair number and was given 1-800-252-6123. Before you receive an operator, you are cut off - happened 4 times. Starting to think I am SOL.......

angelcross2
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I purchased the PVS1965 back in May. It has worked great up until the past week or so. Everytime we use it after a while both screens turn black. The sound is still fine, in fact I didn't realize it wasn't working until I noticed my son not watching it and I looked back and it had no picture. If I unplug the cord fromt he screen and plug it back in the picture reappears. It is happening everytime so I am becoming concerned. Has anyone had this happen? Any ideas what to do? I am frustrated that the warranty is only 90 days( I didn't check and assumed it was 1 year). I paid $300 and I am afraid it is starting to go.

jmdeb
Unregistered guest
Another victory for the PVS 1965 "no valid disc". I have 2 very happy children. Thanks, Scott!

MiniVan Vagabond
Unregistered guest
It's Christmas time and as always we all travel. The PVS1965S is a welcome addition to our chrysler minivan. The sound is a welcomed step above any other portable DVD and with our Xbox the kids can watch two different movies and I can play Halo2 while my wife drives. We bought it Target to today for $239.00, it was on sale from $279.00 which is what sealed our purchase. Sounds good, looks good, works great , extremely happy my wife talked me into this purchase....2 thumbs up ! !

donberg
Unregistered guest
angelcross2,
If the screen went blank, it may be a bad video cord. Try replacing it first.

Username: Suvdad

I got my PVC1965 just today..i want to know where is the best place for the dvd player to install? has anyone use a dvd player holder? i'm planning to place it under the front passenger seat because the 2003 rav4 center console is to narrow to place the player.

migifg
Unregistered guest
BrenAZ
Target offers a case with car adapter It works great.I got mine on sale for $10 I think they are 15 regular.

bmoody33
Unregistered guest
11/2005 - Bought a Kawasaki PVS2970 dual DVD, dual screen from Target for the regular USA price of $ 350 and the main unit's port #2 was bad and would send a blue screen to either LCD that I plugged into it. All other ports 1,3&4 worked fine. Went to bring it back to Target and they didn't have any in stock. Good Lesson for you out there to make sure you try every port on your main unit even though you may only have 2 LCD screens.

11/2005 - One week later exchanged it for a whole new everything from Target.

12/14/05 Tested everything out and it's working very well.

Overall for the price I like the unit but here are my notes you should be aware of before you purchase one.

1. Audio headphone jack on the main unit will only play the DVD audio. This means if you connect an external source such as a game console or and AV cable from DVD1 player out of the unit to DVD2 player in on the unit so that you can watch the same DVD on 3 or 4 screens you will only be able to hear the audio via the audio jack on the screens.

1a. Speaking of AV cables. It would have been nice for Kawasaki to build in playback on one DVD to all 4 screens if you have 3 or 4 screens. Putting an AV cable isn't as streamlined.

2. 90 day warranty too short. I see that online at

http://www.18002526123.com/ carries longer din cables 6' for $6.50 and 18' for $18.50 and you will need a din cable adapter for $10.00

5. Extra 7" LCD's are $120.00 which isn't too bad I guess? I ordered one extra LCD since I have 3 kids and the back seat makes it hard to share one LCD since my van has middle captain seating.

6. The http://www.18002526123.com/ web site is full of errors and isn't that great. To order my cables I had to select the PVS1965 as my model and then select the din cable adapter and longder din cable which I am told by their support person they work on either model.

7. The 1-800-252-6123 support # I had to call back 2 times to get through as it just rang once and then I was on hold for about 10 minutes during east coast biz hours so that wasn't too bad of a wait.

8. Overall, Kawasaki seems like not a larger company so I'm hoping they stay in business/ I wish that Sony or Panasonic or another larger brand name made a unit like this for this price but I haven't found any but if anyone has speak up!! :-)

9. I'm happy that the DV input supports 3 or 4 LCD screens but I'm not happy that if you plug in the unit via AC in a building and have 3 or 4 screens then you have to buy a $46 bigger AC adapter.

10. I think that's about it for now. I hope it last a long time as it's great for trips :-)

Bruce

Unregistered guest
I just bought the PVS 1965s dual DVD player from Target - does it have an internal battery so it can be used on an airplane or in an airport?

bmoody33
Unregistered guest
No internal battery that I'm aware of on these units. However you can check with your airlines to see what type of power outlets they have and what seats have them. Sometimes you have to make sure they assign you to the right seats with the electrical outlets. Some planes have normal car type outlets that you would simply plug your dc cord into that came with your player. Other planes have special plugs that you would probably need to get a cr dc outlet converter for from radio shack or something. For in the airport there are usually normal electrical plugs located on the pillars or walls. I've used them in the past when I've been stuck in the airport for awhile.

Unregistered guest
i have a durabrand dual lcd screen mobile dvd theater, my dvd player has gone "kaputs" i need a replacment does anyone know where to find one. i tried the durabrand website and no luck

rheckler
Unregistered guest
Just got this player for Christmas after reading all the reviews. Figured it was the best on the market. Now I am getting the 'no valid disc' message but only on 2 of the DVDs I try to play. One is the Passion of Christ-full screen but is in Aramaic with English subtitles. Plays fine on home DVD. Other is the Finding Nemo Disc 1 which is widescreen. The Disc 2 Full Frame plays fine. Has anyone else had this experience? Hate to return this for another player if it is associated with the dics-which it seems to be since other DVDs play fine.

Unregistered guest
Hy I but de Kawasaki PVS1965 system a wile ago, my son broke the main unit does anyone know if a can buy the unit with out having to buy the whole thing thanks.

Donnie Darko
Unregistered guest
Hey I just got a Kawasaki PVS10921 9" and I want to Know how I could connect my PS2 to it. PLEASE HELP! Answer this A.S.A.P. Thank You!

Donnie Darko
Unregistered guest
Hey I just bought a Kawasaki PVS10921 9" and I want to know how can I connect My PS2 to it. Please help! Please anybody answer A.S.A.P. Thank You!

hanncoll
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can get an extra battery for my 9" PVS-10921? Or do any o fthe "universal" batteries work? I got it during a "Day after Thanksgiving" sale and now I can't find anything about this player anywhere.

Donnie Darko
Unregistered guest
Hey Hanncoll I also have the 10921, sorry I Dont Know The Answer to Your Question but Do you know how to connect a console like a PS2?

Donnie Darko
Unregistered guest
SASAFRASS! It's me Donnie Darko frome Runescape How are you? Please leave a message for me here!

Unregistered guest
How are you supposed to charge the PVS10921 battery? The manual says to plug it into the DC9 port, but that is the same port you need to run the unit off the AC adapter. I'm no physics genius, but I do know that two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time, and I can't believe that merely plugging the battery into the player will charge the battery if the player isn't receiving power. HELP!

Anonymous

Any recomendation on brand of SUV mounting brackets for the Kawasaki PVS2970 dual DVD? Thanks

Oh by the, the Target warranty (online) does apply to the Kawasaki PVS2970 dual DVD and any other electronic item you may purchase from Target (warranty per item). Maintain the origianl receipt, purchase warranty online for the approriate price range, once package is received contact the warranty dept. at 866-526-00180 and fax to them a copy of receipt and items serial number.

Unregistered guest
I bought the durabrand dual screen dvd player at walmart and had to return it twice. It would skip alot. I thought maybe it was because of a bump or it got hot but that was not the case. So now I am getting my money back and buying the Kawasaki 1985. Can I get some feed back on this model? Would you advise this model? I can tell anyone DO NOT buy the durabrand at walmart.

Username: Aida

Pontiac, MI USA

I have a very new RCA portable DVD player model #DRC612N. When I turn it on it makes a clicking noise whether there is a disc in it or not. When I put the disc in it spins but wont mount. The clicking noise continues on an off. I bought it for teaching dance at the university and I am heart broken. Any one have a suggestion. I have tried a Laser disc cleaner with no change

RKACLAH
Unregistered guest
Bought the PVS2970 dual DVD yesterday at Target. Love it so far. Only drawback is where to place the DVD unit. Good strong attachment for screens but where to place unit so not stepped on/knocked around but still able to use remote control.

Unregistered guest
I have an older Kawasaki PVS-166W I can no longer charge the battiers or play with power from the house I guess the power cord fried does anyone know where I can get another one?

Unregistered guest
I have an older Kawasaki PVS-166W I can no longer charge the battiers or play with power from the house I guess the power cord fried does anyone know where I can get another one?

LeslieMcC
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if the PVS2970 is supposed to start the movie where it was when the car was turned off the next time you start the car? My machine goes to the start of the movie every time I turn the car on, which isn't great for how we use it.

Unregistered guest
I just recently had the same problem.Did you find out any information? If so could you please let me know? Thanks cindy This is about my player saying no valid disk

Unregistered guest
Sorry I didnt read all the way through.Bad me now that I have I tried moving the thing with the eye back and forth.It would spin for just a second You didnt mean to move the eye did you?Because I didnt touch that.Still I put a disc in and still recieve an error.Please let me know Thanks

timg
Unregistered guest
LeslieMcC,

There is no way to resume the movie where you left off when you turn off the car. This is one of the drawbacks of this unit versus a personal portable DVD player with a battery. When you turn the car off, the unit loses power and when you turn it back on, it starts from the beginning.

TONY RUCKER
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A KAWASAKI MOBILE DVD SYSTEM WITH TWO 6.5" SCREENS AND I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN ADD A ANOTHER SCREEN TO IT.

Username: Dupper

LeslieMcC, does your car have a power supply, seperate from the cig lighter? My understanding is, that this has power full time. With our older unit, I just plug it in there and stop the movie, but the unit is still on. I will be buying a PVS2970S and hoping to do the same thing so the movie does not start over everytime.

Username: Lucy

Ok, purchased the PVS2970S at Target yesterday for $250 (sale price, woo-hoo). I am also getting the 'no valid disc' error, but there is a pattern to it:
* predominantly on the 'A' side, almost never the 'B' side
* almost always on +R discs, not -R discs

In both cases, there are a few exceptions to the rule, so it seems odd to me that it would work sometimes but not always. It is fresh out of the box, so if the factory reset fix doesn't work(haven't tried it yet) I'll return it for a different one. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I really like this model, but I want it to work consistently.

BTW, this is the only portable DVD we could find that would allow BOTH kids to play a hand-held game at the same time (meaning it's the only one with A/V inputs for each screen). Sheesh, what parents won't do for peace and quiet in the car!

Username: Libra_man1

Does PVS2970 play VCD or SVCD?

Username: Missydmomof3

I have a Kawasaki PVS 1965 and am in desperate need of a DIN cable for this system by this weekend. I have been on the website listed in many of the posts above and their shipping is 6 days. I can't wait that long. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these any quicker? I went to Target today and they gave me the same website listed in many of these threads....

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Username: Mabidopa

Hello
I bought a Kawasaki PVS 1965S and i tried to unlock it but it doesn,t work. I did it like the description above but i dont get the little text. "Open the disc tray" means just open the dvd player to put the dvd in! am i right??? then when i put in the numbers nothing happen, except the little sign in the left corner.
Who can help me???

Username: Curtis_palmer

OK... I just found another way to fix the "no disc" issue. First, thank you to ALL who posted before. I used the rubbing alcohol and Q-tip suggestion. I even dismantled my PVS1970 and cleaned out some sand that had infiltrated the unit (!!!). I ended up not trying the hard reset via the Setup button as described above because I found the real problem.

My 'fix' was found because I noted that the disc spun some times and not at other times. So, I grabbed two small screw drivers, using one to prop open the lid and the other to depress the button that MUST be activated to spin the disk. Low and behold, there was no more "NO DISC". I gently removed both and put the lid down as gently as possible and the disc started spinning.

SYMPTOM to look for... is the lid door loose? Ours is exceedingly loose. It requires pressing down and sliding a bit to the right to activate the "lid is properly closed and the DVD can start" button (or whatever the real name is).

Hope that helps!! These units are cheaply made and my experience so far is that they require a little more TLC than a higher priced might need. It's just that my kids (7 and 11 yr old girls) provide a bit more abuse than these units were designed for, I guess.

Username: Plough

Target has the 1965 on sale for $199.99.

Username: Demonico

A have the "Venturer PVS1950D", or better known as the Kawasaki PVS 1945B. So, my unit just took a dump..no valid disk, etc. My question is this, Can I use these screens with a different player? Doesn anyone know of a RCA-DIN apater?

Username: Chmr

I have a Kawasaki DUAL DVD - not sure the model number. Bought it from Target. I am going on a 5 hr plane ride with 2 kids - and want to use it - any suggestions?

Username: Lnappo

Cattaraugus, New York USA

Hi, have had the PV51965 for over a year now with no complaints. We had a store bought movie in and it and it went out. Tried playing again but said no disc. Took it in the house and gave it a good cleaning. All store bought dvd's work fine, but none of my home made dvd's work now. What's up with that? It says no disc. I am going to try the suggestions listed, but if there is anymore suggestions I would appreciate it. I dont understand how one minute they work and the next they dont.

Username: Lnappo

Cattaraugus, New York USA

PS: Read about the "Reset", tried finding information on it but got nothing. If you can help and let me know how to reset the machine, I would appreciate it.

Username: Villarroel98

"No valid disk" solution founded for Kawasaki PVS 1965:
The Laser lent is not in the correct position, carefully force to move closer to the centre, one step at the time, until the player spin normally and can read the disk.
Mission accomplish, Enjoy!!

Username: Daddy0h

Hi all:
I have a pvs1965. Had it for about a yr. Used it a few times and it always worked great. This last time we wanted to use it screen 1 wouldn't come on, just blue with sound. The other one worked fine. We switched the screens from 2 to 1 and 1 to 2 and then the other screen, the one previously connected to 2 and now connected to 1 didn't work, same blue screen with sound only. This tells me that either the connector is bad or something burnt inside on that channel. Any ideas? Is there a way to contact someone (Kawasaki?) to see what is the problem? Any repairs or troubleshooting?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us