Toshiba warranty service 52hm84

Username: Johnboy00

Post Number: 1
I have a Toshiba 52hm54 which worked for a day and then lost it's green color. The color comes on when it wants for about 1/2 hour a day (it then looks great). I bought it from Onecall.com, who has been great, but I can't return the set, it has to be repaired.

I am in Massachusetts, 25 miles south of Boston, so I expected that I would be close to a Toshiba rep. I was wrong. I'm about 20 miles from the nearest rep and this is beyond their normal service range so a repair trip has to be approved by the factory.

Here I am 3 weeks later and I'm still waiting for them to authorize a repair! There customer service is non existant and the phone reps are useless.

I would reccomend confirming that you are within 5 - 10 miles (not sure of the distance) of a toshiba authorized repair center before buying any TV.

BTW, It seems like the problem may be simply a loose connection, but since it's brand new, I don't intend to mess with it.

Anonymous

just an idea, but buying online isnt always the best thing to do for the long run... its good at first because its cheaper but then you have to deal with what you are doing now. Chances are that your seller isnt on Toshiba's sellers list and that will cause even more problems.

Anonymous

That really sucks that this Toshiba auth. repair fac. won't travel that far. In Ca I've seen the repair guys for Tosh travel as far as 50 miles.

Username: Johnboy00

Post Number: 2
Fortunately, I made sure that I bought from an authorized Toshiba online retailer (onecall.com).

I did finally hear from Toshiba Fridy afternoon. Someone is coming out next Thursday. That's the good news. The somewhat bad news is that the problem went away over the weekend.

I know when something like this happens you second guess yourself about buying online. But with the rebate, no-tax and free shipping I saved about $400 over what it would cost at BestBuy who has it on sale this week. I just may be a sucker for a bargain, but I'd probably do it again.

BTW, the didtance to a Toshiba rep for a service call is 25 miles. They actually found one within that range.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us