Samsung DLP- viewing angles

Username: Mwm

Post Number: 1
I have a 46" Samsung DLP. My TV is in an armoire about 3-4 ft. off the floor. I noticed when I am below the TV (sitting on the floor), the picture seems darker. However, when I sit in a chair (more eye level with the TV) its fine. I have adjusted the TV picture via a DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions on improving the viewing angle (and no, my wife won't let me get rid of the armoire)?

Username: Theburninator

Post Number: 7
I believe that's just one of the things that comes along with DLP technology. All of the DLP sets I've seen have that sweet spot when looking straight on and don't look as good from either above or below. I don't think there's anything that can be done other than just to sit at the right level :/ Maybe someone else knows something I don't though?

Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 7
I'm with you on that one Roger. I have a JVC Dila and it is the same way. The JVC is a brigher set than the DLP so it isn't as bad, but still notible. I just change my picture to "dynamic" when I want to lay on the floor. Maybe you can slightly prop up the rear when your on the floor. There really isn't any tweaking you can do to fix the viewing angle. Either way, GOOD LUCK!!! I know what it is like to spend 2-3k on a TV and want it perfect.

mlochbihler
Unregistered guest
I have noticed a white spot or area just above my on and off button on my Samsung hlp-4663w. I notice this when it is on and there is a black scene or even when the dlp is turned off. When I look at the tv straight on it less noticeable, but when I am sitting on the couch it is very noticeable. My dlp sits about 5 feet off the floor in my TV nook over the fireplace. Any one else have this problem. I have already sent one back due to a high pitch noise. Any suggestions?
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us