Computer VGA to DVI on Sony KF-50WE620 anyone???

Schlepp
Unregistered guest
Has anyone successfully hooked their Notebook PC up to their Sony KF-50WE610 or 620 using a VGA to DVI adapter?

The main beef I have (and it's starting to get under my skin) with my new KF-50WE620, is that unlike almost every other new RP TV out there, it doesn't even have a simple VGA input. I originally thought I could get a simple VGA to DVI adapter to still hook up my Notebook, but I now read in the manual that the "DVI isn't made for computer use".

Before I go out and buy the cables and adapter, has anyone successfully hooked their Notebook PC up to this Sony (VGA to DVI), or for that matter, has anyone hooked up a PC with a DVI output to the Sony's DVI input?

If it can't be done, I may have to return it for something else (groan).

Thanks!

Username: Theburninator

Post Number: 6
I haven't done it, but technically there shouldn't be any issues. It's just converting the signal to digital so the tv can output it. You might want to adjust your laptop resolution to fit the screen better, but I can't see any actual problems happening because of that. I believe the reason they say "DVI isn't made for computer use" is just because they don't want to take the time to support it if you can't get it to work. From my understanding though, there should be no problem connecting your computer to that tv.

Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 8
I run my notebook to my TV (52" JVC Dila) thur a VGA to HDMI converter. It works great, but I did have to lower the resolution to match my TV so I could view the whole screen. I don't see why it wouldn't work with your TV. I didn't want to spend much money on something that wouldn't work so I bought my cable off Ebay for under $20. I've had no problems. Good luck!

Username: Knesbitt

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1
My salesman told me it won't work. I have a Sony Plasma 42XS910 with a DVI input and read in the manual that the DVI input will only accept cable or SAT receiver input. I believe the input has to be encrypted for it to work. My salesman also told me Sony is the only one that does this. You can plug in a video from your computer to a Panasonic with DVI. This is just what I was told so don't take it as gospel. My TV has a S-Video connector so that was not an issue for me.

Schlepp
Unregistered guest
here's the most info I've found on how to hook up a PC to the Grand WegaIII .... and it's not too pretty!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3326925#post3326925

I think I may take mine back and get something with a simple VGA input - damnSony! Great Picture but its a lousy way to treat us PC owners.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us