End of life on Sony KF-50WE610?

Username: Abhidon

NC United States

Post Number: 1
What is the deal with 610? I tried buying this TV from Sears and they said it was out of stock. They weren't being allowed new ones either.

According to the Sears salesperson, Sony was probably planning to come out with newer models this fall and so, 610 was on clearance.

Best Buy also stopped carrying this model.

Does anyone know Sony's plans?

Should I wait for newer models or order from an another source?

Thanks

Username: Joyluck2000

Post Number: 2
Um yes, Sony is coming out with a new model. The 610 is obsolete, in Canada it is now the 620 and in the US it's 655.

Schlepp
Unregistered guest
RE Sony's plans ....

... probably to come out with something better just after you buy your set ;) They know they have us on the technolust treadmill and they're going to try to squeeze every last nickel out of our pockets!

Even though I love this TV (KF-50WE620) , I already have buyers remorse as I compare the sparse input selection on my Sony, with the Panasonic and Hitachi. I would have bought the Panasonic if PQ was comparable to Sony. Hitachi was too wide for my area.

Sony = only two component inputs, 1 DVI and no VGA for computer hookup - hoping a VGA to DVI connector will work but not sure as Sony manual says DVI not for computer use.

It's a great to look at TV, but I'm still peeved about them not including a generic memory card reader and a simple VGA computer hookup!

Username: Abhidon

NC United States

Post Number: 2
Any idea when the retail stores (BestBuy/Sears/CC) will carry 655 series?

Anonymous

it's already out, try CC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us