Mitsubishi 50" projection TV video problem. Please help.

Username: Boroarke

Post Number: 1
We have a Mitsubishi VS-50707 50 inch big screen that is about 3 years old. Last night while we were watching TV, it was like the image on the screen folded in half like closing a book. The entire screen went black except for the very middle. In the middle of the screen, running from the top of the screen to the bottom there is a Red, Green & Blue hourglass shape bar. The audio can still be heard fine. I turned the TV off and then back on a few times and it went away for about 3 hours. This morning when I tried it, the screen turned on completely black, the sound came on instantly and then after about 8 to 10 seconds, the 3 colored hourglass bar appeared in the middle of the screen again. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? This is driving me nuts.

Bryan

hugh smith
Unregistered guest
i purchased a 1996 vs5043 at this huge house that
had it plugged in to several other components and a surround sound its a mitsubishi and when i got it home i plugged it in and nothing came on the screen the only time i could even get something on the screen was when i pushed the pip button and so as i sit there watching t.v there that lil pip screen remains ,i push the pip button and the screen goes blank??????

hugh smith painting
Unregistered guest
is there a code to turn off the theater?????hugh smith painting

Username: Boroarke

Post Number: 2
I am getting more worried since no one has replied. Am I the only one who has had this happen? I have taken a picture to better explain. Please click the link below to view. I took off the front pannel to clean out the dust using a little can of compressed air just hoping by some miracle that was the problem but it wasn't. I sure hope this helps. I was told Mitsubishi's were great TV's and SHOULD last more then 3 years. Also, for those who have had to pay to have a tech come out to their home to check out the problem, how much on average did it cost just to have them come out?

Thanks again for any help!

http://members.cox.net/scubapro/mitsu.gif
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us