Rear Projection TV's / DirecTV

Username: Ndogg_2

Post Number: 1
I have just bought a 51" Hitachi TV and already subscribe to DirecTV, I am finding my resolution to be worse at home even than it was at some stores that was on there dish. Currently I have the S-Video cable hooked up from the dish to the TV, if I upgraded my dish reciver to one that has componet video outputs would I get better reception.

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 14
very little.

for $399 call directv and they will upgrade you to high definition. these boxes will have component/dvi outs (i think rgb too) for no extra charge you'll get all the local HD channels if they're being broadcasted where you live. for 10.99 more a month they give you like 4 or more exclusive hd channels

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 15
.........and your picture will be AWESOME on those hd channels, should be very slightly better on the normal ones, not much though

Unregistered guest
I have what I think is the same setup as Nate. I have a new 51" Hitachi and DirecTv with Tivo. I think the picture is poor quality and it is not the dish 'cause I had the dish on a 27" TV and it was a great picture. HDTV is a nice option but you should not have to spend the money.

Anonymous

Many people do not realize that HDTV are designed to display HD (& ED) programs, not for SD. They show SD signals only because the FCC requires them to and no one would buy them if they don't. Therefore you shouldn't compare the PQ of SD programs in HDTV to analog TV. You can look at it as analog TVs are lot more forgiving TVs that do not amplify every little flaw in the signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us