Video switching/signal questions

Marcus
First of all, what is video switching anyway? I have a Marantz sr8000 A/V receiver with S-video switching and on screen menus, a panasonic DVD RV-31, and a panasonic TV with S-video in. My problem is that the S-video cable from the DVD player to the TV somehow overrides the signal for the receiver's on screen menu. The receiver has a S-video monitor out, should I run an S- video from DVD to receiver and then to The TV?

Another question: I have a panasonic palmcorder that I would like to view/listen through my A/V system. Citing my problem above, how can I connect its two RCA plugs? (one video, one mono sound) I have RCA jacks on everything (TV, VCR, RECEIVER)
Please Help Thanks
Marcus

Anonymous
correct,send the s-video cable from the dvd to the
receiver s-video in section,and then from the s-video out section on the receiver to the tv.if you have a cable going to the tv and the receiver
seperately,the one from the dvd direct would override the one from the receiver.
with the palmcorder,you could connect the video jack to the rca video 1 in section of the receiver
and then the one mono jack,connect a y rca jack
(one female,two males)and connect these to the left,right section of video 1.the video signal would then be switched to the s video to the tv.
i hope this helps.

Anonymous
I have a 32 inch Panasonic TV, and when I turned it on this morning, the screen had circles of color in the center, much like a bulls-eye of the primary colors. What do you think happened to it? Is it an expensive repair?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us