Placing the sub?

Username: Inferis

Post Number: 2
Where is the best place to put the sub? Right now it's in the middle of room facing the opposite wall! Is there a better place to put it, or is it okay? My room is quite small, with a bed, desk and so on.
Shall the sub face the opposite wall or can it face the same wall as it's beside?

I need some information! Please!

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 59
I can't say that there is a right way for sub placement, it's all relative to an individual's ear. I was concerned with this myself, but all it takes is to experiment; place it here, there, facing this way, that way, in a corner, out in the open, etc. During each placement test, sit in your normal listening/watching spot and evaluate. There will most likely be one placement that you prefer over the others, but it will take several tries, and time, to make sure.

Gina2004
Unregistered guest
For maximun base response. A subwoofer should be placed in any corner of a room. I work for Cambridge Soundworks. And that is one of the first thing I learned. :-)

johnm
Unregistered guest
Here's a sub placement test that I've heard about but have never tried:
Place the sub right where your head would be in a normal listening scenario. Now, while playing something with bass crawl around the rooms edges and listen to where the bass sounds best. Loud but not overly boomy. This is where you place the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us