Def Tech Speakers

Username: Omarj

Post Number: 5
Any advice on the following. Def Techs with the Denon AVR 3805. BP2006 (Fronts) CLR 2002 (Center) & 1.2X Rears. No interest in Audio primarily Home Theatre. Would the CLR 2000 and 2X be a better bet?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1390
Yes, most definitely!:-)

Post Number: 6
Have been told that it is neccassary to have a solid wall on either side of the 2006's as the subwoofer fires in that direction. Is this true as I have doors on both sides, one of which is half glass.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1396
That's the only thing I don't like about these...the placement is so critical.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 197
For about 10 months now I have enjoyed my deftech speakers (BP-2004TL, CLR2002, and BP2X). Regarding the side firing subs, the owners manual states that the towers can be placed so the woofers fire either inward or outward. The user decides which way's best, based on listening tests. A friend of mine, with the same speakers, had to use the inward setup because the left channel was very close to his CRT TV. Since these towers are not shielded, the woofer magnet was interfering with the picture tube. (Deftech's center speakers are shielded.)

Of far more importance, it seems to me, is what's behind the towers rather than the sides. Since these speakers are bipolar, there needs to be adequate space between the tower and the wall behind it. My dealer told me that as little as 6 inches is OK, but I think a minimum of 12 inches or more is much better.

Post Number: 9
Ok I have now got the BP8B's for front Centre is 2002 and Promonitor 200's for surround. I am running it off my Denon AVR 3805 and it sounds too bright for my liking. Also tried the Harman KArdon 5550, and while there was a difference it was not significant. I want good clean natural sound. Which receiver would be the best match for the speaker set-up I have. I just hate the bright sound that the Denon is giving. I am only using it for Home Theatre usage not audio. Thanks

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 214
Omar:
I have auditioned the Pioneer Elite receivers with DefTech speakers. The Elite is on my short list for upgrading soon. Their butter-smooth MosFET amp outputs match well with these speakers. Stay away from the VSX-41 (or replacement model) which doesn't use MosFET power.

Good luck. :-)

Post Number: 10
Thanks John. Which receiver in particular are you referring to. Do you have a model number.
Thanks

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 218
Omar:
The old and new Elite models are VSX-59 TXi, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56. See poineerelectronics.com for details. Then check out dynaco.com for some "street" prices.

Are you getting enough bass with those BP8B towers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I have just changed the receiver and have got the Harman Kardon AVR 507. Sounds much better. Any comments on this receiver by anyone who has used it.
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us