HT Complete System Upgrade

Username: Braden

Post Number: 1
Need a complete HT system with a budget of about $1800.00 I have been researching for weeks now and I have the itch to get the HT that will rock my house, my wife thinks I am having an affair on the computer I have been on here so much...LOL

Room Size:
45 long
8 high
15 wide

TV is 65in HDTV and main seating area is about 15-18 ft from tv. Open space behind seating area, cannot be closed off..

95% HT 5% Music...

Was recommended the following..

Receiver: Yamaha 5760/Yamaha RX-V650/HK/DENON??
any suggestions

Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK2 or STF-3 maybe SVS??

Speakers:JBL/Axioms/Klispch??
Do not know?

Is it ok to mix and match??
Need specifics since I am a newbie!!!!!

Going to go 5.1 or 6.1 for now but want to be able to upgrade later to 7.1

I like action movies like Gladiator

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1384
Try these
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/spkrlist.html
You can build a killer HT with these. Call them as they are having a sale on their Harman Kardon electronics so you should be able to build your Home Theater within budget. Their system has an option for HSU subwoofers.
Use the HT builder guide to better suit your needs.
cheers
cheers

Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 1
I'd recommend going with Klipsch. I got the system that I have in my profile for ~1500 including the receiver. It is a very nice setup. Since you have HDTV, I'd recommend the Denon 485s receiver as it has HDTV signal switching. This will give you 6.1, but you'd have to upgrade receivers to get 7.1. I am happy with 5.1! For your larger room, you might want to spend 150-200 more for the 10" woofer and possibley another 200ish for the RF-25 L/R speakers. I hope I was helpful.
B

Gold Member

Post Number: 1525
Hey Todd, how's that affair with the computer going? :-)
Do you have your system built yet?

Post Number: 7
Hey Berny....

I have completed my purchases last week and received everything except for my speaker stands..

I went with:

HK AVR630
SVS 20-39PCi
Ascends 340s front and 170s rear

AR cables with SoungKing speaker wire and Dayton plugs...

Now the wife is really mad b/c I went over budget by at least a grand!!!! But who cares. Now, I have to hook everything up.

Next purchase is a DVD player. Any suggestions. Have been looking at Zenith 318 or Denon 1910. Want to stay at about $200

Will update with PICS later...

Thanks for all the help from here and AVS/HTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 1533
I'd go with the Denon 1910.
It's good that you're having fun with all these, save for the wife approval:-)

Post Number: 8
Berny

any ideas where to get a bargain on the 1910??

also, looking for stands for 170s, any ideas in black finish??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1542
Sorry Todd, the lowest I've seen the DV910 is $298. However, I have recently checked out a Pioneer DV578AS for $149 here
http://ww2.onecall.com/PID_24186.htm
One of the best ones I've seen for this price. Plays SACD and DVD-Audio. Plus it doesn't have the chroma bug present on sub $200 dvd players, trust me, that's a good thing.

As for the stands, you can get anything you want at the price you want to pay. Only requirement is that they be stable and bottom heavy. I have some bookshelf speakers sitting on rosewood vase stands with a marble top and base and they work fine. Make sure that the speakers are at ear level when you are at your listening position.

cheers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1543
Sanus makes decent stands and i believe they have adjustable one, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us