Noob on the loose, no optical

Unregistered guest
is there any way that i can hook up an xbox with surround without an optical cable. my reciever has no optical input. or is there an adapetr so i can get an optical input?
HELP ME

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1365
There was talk here about an adapter from radio shack. Go check it out.
cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 17
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5 F003%5F010%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D1242

Not too sure but i think this will work for you.

Unregistered guest
for dolby digital or DTS you need digital inputs on your reciever. ie optical or coax. if your reciever doesn't have a coax or an optical input then it probably isn't a DD or DTS reciever, therefor just use your standard Left and Right outputs from you XBOX and plug them into your reciever, for either Stereo or Dolby Pro Logic. If on the other hand it has no optical but a coax input, and you want real dolby digital..then you'll need to get a advanced scart cable for the XBOX which has an optical output on the cable, bring the optical cable out of that and into a optical-coax converter, then take the coax from the converter into your reciever. setup your XBOX for DD and DTS and you've been taken deeper into your games, with the aid of dolby digital surround
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us