DVD progressive scan problems

Username: Tommyt

Post Number: 4
I hooked up my new progressive scan DVD player through my HK 230 receiver using component cables. When I push the progressive scan button on the DVD, the picture shows up as two pictures. The manual with the DVD player says if this happens then my TV won't accept progressive scan images. Is this right as the TV has mutiple component video inputs?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1364
component video inputs does not necessarily mean progressive scan compatible. So, chances are your TV is no PS compatible. Sorry:-(

Username: Tommyt

Post Number: 6
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for your answer. Oh well now on to an HDTV because the existing TV just won't work. Right? (Just practicing for my wife.)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1399
Absolutely, plus let her know that in 6 years or even sooner, TV broadcasts will be in digital format so have to get a set that is compatible. You noticed that a lot of regular TVs with big screens are getting cheaper?

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 43
Regular TV's are not progressive scan, they are interlaced. Progressive displays the whole image at once, interlaced displays do every other line over 2 scans.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us