Help setting up theater

Username: Siuc1996

Post Number: 1
OK..I am a newbie here. I got an Onkyo HT-S760 for Christmas. I have partially set it up and it sounds amazing. I do have a few questions however. A little background. I have not setup the surround sound yet as it will go in the basement when it is finished and my wife does not want to "clutter" up the living room for now. UGGHHH!! SO I just have the front left, center and right speakers as well as the subwoofer set up. Also, I have an older TV that does not have S-Video but only has composite A/V. I also have Digital Cable. First question, is my only option to use my TV through the receiver is to use the composite video? Is there an S-Video converter that would allow me to use S-Video? Also, I changed the setting to be 3 speaker setup but is there anything else I should know to make the sound better? There is a "movie" and "music" setting but I wasn't sure what would be best for the 3 speakers. Also, what is the best connection for my DVD player? I assume I can only use composite as that is what my connection is from my TV. What is the best way to hook up the audio for my DVD player? It doubles as my CD player. Any Onkyo experts out there? Thanks!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us