Help Running DVD,VCR,& Gamecube through Stereo Receiver!!!

Username: Bcady

New Haven, CT USA

Post Number: 3
I am using a Technics AV Control Stereo Receiver SA-GX330, and am trying to run my DVD Player (RCA), my VCR (Quasar) and my Gamecube into it. I am using an RCA splitter to get all of these items into the reciever but nothing is working. Here's what I've done so far:

1. I ran RCA cables from each of these devices into the splitter.

2. I ran an RCA cable from the splitter's output into the input of the Stereo Receiver.

3. Than I ran another RCA cable from the Receiver's output to the TV.

Now when I tried to play a DVD nothing come up n the TV. I have it set on TV/Video, and I have tried every configuration on the Receiver I can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am tearing my hair out!

- Ben

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1237
Are you using a switch or a splitter? Big difference, as a splitter will not be able to carry all different signals from multiple sources at the same time. A switch will work by changing sources 1 at a time and inputting them into 1 equipment.
If you are using a switch, you should have multiple sources like the DVD player, VCR and gamecube into one. The video sources should only be one kind, s-video or composite, and never a combination of both. The video out from the switch should go directly to the tv's video input.
The Audio signals should also be of the same kind and not to be mixed, i.e, digital surround and analog left/right stereo.
Next set up the DVD player to output stereo analog output and turn off the digital output.

Let me know what happens.

New Haven, CT USA

Post Number: 4
I am using a Switch. It has four inputs (Video,Left,Right) and four 'switches' on the front. They are all just using the RCS Yellow (Video), Red (Right), and White (Left) RCS cables. Also I'm only usig left/right audio, not surround sound. I'm not sure I know what you mean by the video sources being only one kind, but I think they are.

Can I send the Video/Audio from the swtches 'Output' to the Stereo Receiver's 'Input', and then from the Stereo Receiver's 'Output' to the TV?

As you can probably tell, I am a total beginner!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1241
Make it simple. Send all your audio just to the switch and then to the receiver. Send your video just from the switch to the TV.
The problem here might be your receiver's output. Are you using the REC OUT, MONITOR OUT, PRE-OUT, etc.??? Do you have the Manual?
Go try again:-)

New Haven, CT USA

Post Number: 5
Can I connect the Video/Left/Right RCA cables from the DVD/VCR & Game Cube to the Switch, and then send just the audio to the receiver, and the video to the TV? What happens to the audio from the television? Do I need to send a Left/Right audio cable from the TV to the Receiver?

I don't have the manual, do you know of a good site to download manuals?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1242
here's a sample of how to connect them

DVD player Audio Out
GameCube Audio Out
VCR Audio Out---------->Switch--->Receiver

DVD player Video Out
GameCube Video Out
VCR Video Out---------Switch--->TV

If you want to use the Receiver to listen to your TV, then use the Audio Out of the TV--->Receiver Audio Input

New Haven, CT USA

Post Number: 6
Thanks for all your help!

- Ben

Gold Member

Post Number: 1244
You're welcome:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts