All speakers work but one is too quiet

Unregistered guest
I have recently moved into a house that has built in speakers, in the ceiling, for surround sound. I hooked my system up (a sony HT-DDW840) and everything works fine, except for the front right speaker which plays way too soft. There is sound so I know it is working but it is easily drowned out by the other speakers while playing at a normal level. I've adjusted the balance to make sure they are equal and checked all the wires and everything seems fine. I'm at a loss at what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Liz.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1205
you can attach another set of KNOWN good working speakers to rule out the speakers are at fault and not the receiver. Here's one thing you can do, switch the speaker channels to see if the same thing is happening, if they do, then the speaker needs to be replaced, if it plays loud with the speaker terminals exchanged then it is your receiver.
good luck

liz
Unregistered guest
I tried what you suggested and found that the speaker must be faulty. Thanks for the help!!

liz
Unregistered guest
I tried what you suggested and found that the speaker must be faulty. Thanks for the help!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us