JBL HTB or Bose 161s?

Username: Taxman

Post Number: 1
Alright, I am looking to setup a first-time home theater on a budget (until I can afford the big kahuna package later down the line). My question for those who might know: I am considering the JBL SCS136SI 6.1 speaker package for the whole living room. My alternative is to use my Bose 301s as the fronts and complement them with Bose 161 satellites (and add a center channel and subwoofer = not by Bose however).

If anyone has any comments on which setup is best (especially for music) I would appreciate it.

Alabama
Unregistered guest
I have the jbl package that is the same as your looking at except it is 5.1 with no rear center.

I love these speakers. They are highly rated on the web reviews. The sub is great. You will not be disapointed if you go this route.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Bama. The sub does sound high quality. How do the JBLs handle CD/music? That is my biggest concern.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 52
the JBL package handles music very well, you won't be disappointed.
cheers

Unregistered guest
Hello!

I am also in same position like Taxman,
but so far my choice is Bose acoustimass 6 (5.1)
I was also looking for JBL speakers.
My main priority is also music.
You must go in shop and listen:-)

Berny, Alabama and others could you tell more
experineces of JBL speakers?

Best regards,
Robert

Post Number: 3
Nice to see others suffering through my dilemma. The only issue I have with the JBL system is that the CD music may not fill the room (and connecting kitchen, breakfast area, etc. as my Bose 301 front speakers do because of the smaller size.

I guess an option is to hook up my 301s as the "B" speakers (for music) and the JBL's as the "A" speakers (for home theater) but there is only so much room on the entertainment center for the front speakers and I hate clutter.

So, along with Robert, any additional info on the JBL system blaring CD tunes would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the guys at Best Buy are tired of me blaring these two systems in my comparison tests. It may too tough to call without actually putting them in my home first.

Post Number: 4
**bump**
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us