Advice getting new home theater speakers

Username: Garageland

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm getting a new home theater system for a media room in my new house. This room is no bigger then a regular two garage house living room and I've already got the receiver picked out which is Denon AVR-3805 and was wondering which 7.1 speaker combinations I should get under $2000 I've heard that Athena has a good center speaker, saw some nice subs under $600.. ect. thx

Username: Omarj

Post Number: 2
Hi Eric,

What did you finally get. I am just about to purchase the same receiver. If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for the receiver.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1200
The Athenas are great speakers, I just think that it would be too bright for your receiver. But then again you need to listen to them first and make your own judgement. Just don't get their subs, I listened to them and I think it is the weak link in an otherwise excellent line-up. I have the ASF-2 and ASC-1, and I think they are great. I believe that best buy has them on sale real cheap nowadays, go check them out.

cheers

Username: Spartcuz

Post Number: 1
Hi there Folks, I need some advise and views. I am new at this hobby, and i just purchase the following
onkyo tx-sr701 (AMP)
infinity Primus 360
infinity primus c25
infinity primus 150
infinity Primus ps8 (sub woofer)

I have also acquired a Plasma 42 inch by phillips 9954

what do you think of the system compatibility, and choice (my main consideration was COST - getting the best value with my limited budget.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 605
I think you did ok. You didn't say what you paid and that's your business but I think you have a very respectable mid level system. The 701 is a good receiver for the money and since it's being closed out can be had for less than $500.

Username: Spartcuz

Post Number: 2
HI there 'therealelitefan',

Thanks for the feedback, as for the prices, I will explain in detail, as I am from Malaysia, the product that I purchase are in Malaysian Ringgit.
1 USD = 4 MYR.

For the entire system including the Plasma TV,AMP and Speakers (inclding installation, banana plugs, wires, speaker cables and wall mounting and a VCR (jvc) as an alternative of buying a seperate tuner for the TV i paid a total of Rm 23,600, which works out to about just under USD 6K.

Please bear in mind that I bought it at a High Street Store which is quite reputable..Also that there is a lot of dumping of old models of system, as such we may not have the luxury of extensive choices, in purchasing these goods.

So what you think about the choice.

T.Raj

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 37
I'm a big fan of the Orb Audio systems...they are strong for both music and theater, and they are fairly compact and nice looking as well. http://www.orbaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us