Anyone use JBL for HT speakers?

Anonymous
I was just wondering if anyone has used or is currently using any JBL speakers in their home theater set-up. I had a chance to demo some of their models briefly and they sound very good. I just want feedback from people who use them on a continous basis? This includeds bookshelf, floorstanding, center channels, or even HT packages. Thanks in advance.

I have been using the JBL Studio series S38II,
S-Center and the Northridge Series N-26,and i will
be adding the S-36II.This is a great system for both music and movies.The S-Center reproduces
dialog very well,clear and acurate.I run the S-38II full range with a powered sub(12" 150 watts),they blend perfectly together.The N-26's
are used for rear surround,eventually,when I get
the S-36II,they will be on the sides of the room
for movie surround playback and the N-26 will be used for multi-channel music playback(DVD-Audio)
and DSP music playback.I can highly suggest that
you consider giving the Studio series an audition,
and if the S-38II's look too large for your room,
you could go with the S-36II for L&R fronts and rear with the S-Center.

I have the s312 for my left and right, the s center and the 400 watt powered sub. I am also using the yahama 5560 and the pre outs into a adcom gfa7000 amp. I have found that the 312 need lots-o-power!!!! to sound as good as they can. The speaker are rated max to 250 watts(I think) so I am thinking of getting two 200 watt mono blocks to power the left and the right and using the adcom to power the rest.
I work at a very large retail chain that sells jbl and yahama so I got a great deal on the price. I think the JBLs sound great for music and home theater, but for around $3000(retail) for all that(including monster Z cabeling) you might want to listen to other brands.
I am not saying that what I have sounds bad, jbl does a geat job but the highs should should have more presence and the lows will be muddy without the right amplification.
This was my first foray into HT and the price was right so I got jbls. The next upgrade will not include jbl but I still will get the mono blocks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us