Troubles with my Yamaha HTR 5250

Username: Frankied367

Post Number: 1
This component has been bullet proof until just recently. I moved from CA to AZ and our new house and this component seem to be having issues getting along.

I noticed, shortly after hooking my system up in the new house, what I thought were audio drop outs. After spending some time narrowing things down I found that the problem was actually power drop outs. Very curiouse it was... Seemed as though when certain electric motors near the system, such as a floor fan, washer/dryer or event the bathroom fan were turned on or off, the component had a quick loss of power and then reset itself. I was able to repeat the problem whenever I wanted to, so I called the home builder and had them send an electrician out. The house power was just fine all over. He was into audio as well and said that this component was just sensitive to the motors and circuitry in the house.

**Nothing else in my system is flucuating at all.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Monster power bar with stage 1 cleaner
2. A UPS battery backup for computers

3. Just bought and will try Monster power bar stage 2

I've had plenty of folks tell me that a full power conditioner would do the trick but they cost quite a bit more than the component did to begin with!!

Help if you can...

frankie

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us