Cable in to component out? is it possibel?

Username: Gweedo

Post Number: 1
I am trying to setup a dvd/home theater system for my parents and am having trouble.
I would like to get the sound from the cable to go through their dvd system. there is no coax input on the dvd player so that is not an option. If I plug the cable into the tv there is no way to get the sound to the dvd player from the tv. At my home I have a digital cable box that does this for me, but my parents do not have a cable box (they have been using there vcr which only has mono sound output. for the past 11 years.) I started to look for a cable box but they all have those descrambler chips in them and I don't want that. what I need is a way to split the coax into three rca cables. one for video and two for audio.
Please help. Thanks.

thank you

Username: Project6

Post Number: 23
sorry to say but there is no way to get sound into a dvd player unless it is a dvd recorder.
are you trying to get sound into a receiver? Maybe I'm reading this wrong. But here is a typical set up:
cable box --->TV
dvd video out-->TV
dvd digital audio out (or just audio out L&R)--> receiver
TV audio out --> receiver
if you want to convert Coaxial cable to RCA plugs, you may want to visit your local radio shack, they can help you with cables and connectors
cheers

Username: Gweedo

Post Number: 2
acctualy that is exactaly what i am trying to do!!!

I will go to radio shack tomorrow and ask them about it thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us