DATA Projectors for Home Theater. BIG DILEMMA!

Username: Sergiob

Post Number: 1
Dear Folks,
I have a question here, that I cannot solve by myself. I'm going to buy my first projector to see DVDs, and I noticed that there are a lot of DLP at very good prices, like BENQ 8230, wich seem very high in performances (2000 ansi, 2000:1 contrast) but are dedicated to DATA. Or at least it seems, and some resellers (like InFocus one) told me that ther are not for Home Theater, and the rendering of the image is bad because they are too bright (2000 ansi vs. 800 of Infocus 5700 which costs the double).
Now I should like to understand: is it really true that "data" projectors are so bad for the Home Theater application ?
Which is the real difference between a "data" and an "HT" projector ? Only the fan noise ?
Color rendering ?
I'm one of the fortunate that have no problems with the rainbow effect, so I decided for the DLP technology.
May you help me to take a decision ? Do you know where there is something to read and learn about this matter ?

Thanks in advance to you all.

Sergio

Username: Kimera

Post Number: 2
if you really like a DLp projector and you said that you're not affected by rainbows, a good entry-level one that i could suggest is the Infocus X1

biggest difference of a data projector from a HT one is the resolution, data pjs tend to have higher resolution so thay can render text much more acurately s they're used more during presentations etc

Username: Sergiob

Post Number: 3
OK.
But a pixel is a pixel, and if a matrix is 0.8 it is all the same for data and video.
So why do a HT projector cost twice a data projector?
Also the luminosity is higher, with a lower price.
Any other can tell me something more specific?
Also something to read about could be great.

Thanks in advance

Sergio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us