Question about adding speakers to my receiver.

Art Vandelay
I have a Kenwood HTB-504 and it shipped with 5 speakers and a subwoofer. The manual says I can add additional speakers and I have done so. The problem is that I can only use one set of speakers at a time. There is the A set (the 5 that came with the receiver), and a B set (the 2 extra speakers I added). It seems that when I select both sets, the 2 extra speakers I added simply take the place of the rear speakers. Is is possible to get all 7 speakers working simultaneously with this model receiver?

po
No, the B set are essentially to be used as a second set of front L/R speakers. The typical use of them is for adding a set of stereo speakers for a different room. That way you can have the same receiver play music in two different rooms (not simultaneously though).

Don't put the B set of speakers as rears, you'll hear the front L/R signal through them when selected.

By the way, you still love being an architect?

Is it possible to add additional speakers by plugging two speakers into the same red/black connector on the back of the receiver? I've got Sony micro Satellite speakers for front surround speakers and would like to 'beef' up the sound by buying bigger speakers for the front, say two book shelf speakers and then use the extra 2 satelite speakers as read surround speakers for a total of 4 rear speakers. Can I just plug the 4 rear speakers into the 2 rear jacks?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us