Suggestions on a good system between $250 to $300

I just got my Christmas bonus and the wife said I can get my home theater system but I can't go over $300. Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw at Best Buy a Kenwood AV Reciever the VR-705-S for $160 and I was looking at the KLH speakers for $80. I have also looked at Home Theater in a Box type of systems. Just need some input please. Thanks.

Anonymous
When I hear "home theater," at a minimum I think receiver, 4 surrounds, and a subwoofer. That's awfully tough to do for $300. But here's a thought -- check out the Panasonic SCHT700 (Home Theater Receiver with 5-CD/DVD Changer, plus 5 Speaker Package with Subwoofer). Very respectable reviews on CNet (you could copy this URL: http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_SC_HT700/4505-6740_7-30381936.html?tag=pdtl-list), by both the editor and several users. List price around $500, but street price of about $300 new from various dealers online, or about $240 refurbished. You can check current prices on CNET. And, in case you're wondering, I have nothing to do with CNET or Panosonic. Just did a bunch of research of my own on low-cost home theater recently, and trying to help out.--tjs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us