Bose 3-2-1 Home System speakers spike when TV channel is changed :(

Anonymous
Hi peeps :)

N00b question:

We got a Bose 3-2-1 Home System and connected it all together ok (we think), but when we change TV channels, we hear a loud spike from the speakers. We can play DVD's and watch Videos ok, its justthis anoying poping sound every time we change channel.

Anybody know whats wrong?

Thanks

Ash

po
I know what's wrong, you bought a Bose system. Bose is just a marketing machine, their equipment is not really very good.

Take it back and buy something for less money with better than twice the performance. I'm completely being honest. If you got $1000 to spend check this out:
SPEAKERS (MOST important part of the system):
NHT SB2, $400/pr -or-
NHT SB1, $300/pr -or-
Boston Acoustics CR-75, $400/pr -or-
B&W 303's, $300/pr
Paradigm Titans, $220/pr

Receivers:
Onkyo TX-SR500, $300
Entry level Yamaha, $300-400

DVD:
Any old Sony or Panasonic, $200

Any of the above and you're still only spending about $900.

If you got the NHT SB2's, the Onkyo and a Panasonic DVD player you will have sound that unequivically stomps the Bose system deep into the carpet. Go to www.onecall.com and you can get all these things right online too.

Don't worry about not having a sub if you get the SB2's, it will still sound far better than the Bose system. The Onkyo receiver also allows you future upgrades to full DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, multiple Video/Audio in/outs and much more power.

Check it out, you'll be glad you did.
-po

Anonymous
He is right...I sold bose and others. Their claim to fame is that they are small. They are over priced when to comparing them to brands that have the same performance.

Anonymous
Ditto. Take it back.

Anonymous
I have the same problem. I have a Pioneer reciever and floor standing DB Dynamic speakers. Whats the solution to stop the amplified chanel change sound?

po
Turn the volume down when changing source. There's bound to be transients on a source change so just lower the volume during the change.

po
Nevermind, I guess I didn't read your post correctly. You get the sound when you change TV channels. Hmm, get a new TV?

It's probably still just some transient glitch from your audio source when the channel is changed. From your cable box or TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us