Need your help chossing reciver please...

hey im trying to buy a new reciver and im getting
a little bit lost here...
im looking at the yamaha rx-z1,the denon avr-5803
and the onkyo tx-ds989 ver2,i read enough to get
confused and at this point i just want to get it
done and over.
help please...
oh..what do you think about the marantz sr9200..

Johnny THE GUN
Okay no contest here........... GET THE DENON 5803!!!!!!!!!! Hands down you cannot get a better reciever for the cash!!!! 16 Burrbrown Dacs highest quality 2 per channel!! C'mon.
I own a Yamaha rxz1 and the Denon is better.

Sometimes I like my Yamaha better ONLY because of the processing. In a real Movie Theatre there are Natural reverberations, sounds bouncing off walls etc. that change characteristics of the sound of the movie. The denon has inferior sound processing whereas the yamaha built processing as it;s selling point.

Recreating sound structures inside of arenas, operahouses and forumms..... By placing a mike in the center Yamaha (logo is a pitchfork hint hint) created a realistic Movie theatre warmth to the movie track...

I would get the rx z 9. The new flagship receiver from yamaha, Denon is coming out with the Denon 5804. Unless you play your movies @ 120watts per channel you will not hear the difference. Yamaha will be about 1,000.00 cheaper

1.) MONEY NO OBJECT get the DENON'
2.) need to save 1grand, get the YAMAHA you'll ge glad you did

Music Yamaha wins this battle

E1KAD2
Go with YAMAHA. It has all the features an AVR needs. IMHO

E1KAD2
Here's a link on the RX-Z1 review.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_4/yamaha-rx-z1-receiver-11-2003-part-1.html

elitefan
What speakers do you have?

Hawk
Joseph:

In that price range, I would be looking at quality separates instead of a receiver, but if you truly want a receiver, I would strongly recommend a B & K receiver. Has a much nicer amp section, using MOSFET outputs which are smoother and cleaner than the bi-polar transitors used in the Japanese receivers. Obviously, all are very fine units, but I have been listening around and I really like the sound of the B&K best.

elitefan
For an unlimited budget my vote goes to the McIntosh MHT200. It's only $6100 and 73 pounds!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us