How should I hook my devices up to my 5.1 system?

angrymuffin
Unregistered guest
I just got a Dolby 5.1 surround sound system (decoder built in). For reference: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2,CONTENTID=5048

I have my DVD player hooked up to it, no problem, via coaxial cable.

But I also have a TV and Gamecube I need to hook up. If I'm not mistaken, I'll only get stereo out of my TV unless I have a digital cable box or something like that. But I believe Gamecube has Dolby Pro-Logic II, which I would like to make the most of.

Both my TV and Gamecube have RCA (?) out (those red and white wires). My speaker system has optical, coaxial (already used by DVD), and 6-channel (green, black, brown) input, and another single input on the front that seems to work like a reverse headphone jack (if that makes sense).

So how can I make this work? And whatever the answer is, can the Dolby Pro-Logic II signal go from my Gamecube through my TV then to the speaker system, or does that reduce the signal to simple stereo and I'd be better off directly connecting my Gamecube to the speaker system?

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for any help!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1168
go directly from the gamecube to the speaker system.

Username: Kermit

GothenburgSweden

Post Number: 3
I belive you kan use a rca to stereoheadphone cable to connect both the tv and the gamecube to the logitech system. Connect the tv to the reverse headphone jack and the game cube to the black jack.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us