DENON 1804 - Mission M53 - MA S1 PROBLEM

Username: Petarst

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,
I have setup it a denon 1804 and front Mission M53 and rear MA silver 1 !
Music is great from these combintion of speakers and receiver, but when I get louder and louder music util -05 on display in 5.1 stereo format sound get to be a little clipping!
hi tones are much stronger and also a voice or middle tones are so brighter!

My friend told me to sell that denon and buy a NAD t753 and I will be so much pleasent because problem with my systen is in denon's trafo which can't give enough stable power to transistors!

What do you think guys I am really unhappy with this since i like to play louder music and of course dvd-audio or sacd.

Pioneer DVD 565a, ohlenbach 4mm2 spc!

thank you in advance,

Petar

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 552
Look at the Marantz 5400 and 6400. Both have lots of power and match very well with your speakers. If you have and plan to have a 5.1 system for the forseeable future the 5400 is a real bargain.

Post Number: 3
HI elite fan,
thx for replaying to me!

Maybe i should try with 2805 or 3805?

Marantz is very hard to find here!
I don't want to consider Yamaha!

regards

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
Order either Marantz mail order. Much better match with your speakers than Denon.

BOCA
Unregistered guest
Your Denon 1804 is excelent unit. Just try with
other speakers( I do not believe that your spakers
are a problem) You realy must to do good sound estup. There are many ways to make it good sound or to screw it. I was listenig same Denon with Energy speakes and my friens according to my ears
you are wrong about buy this buy that. This Denon is excelent.

Petre ovi ovde seru, Denon 1804 je bio best buy u Engleskoj za 2003 godinu.

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
Do you like your speakers or your receiver better? Sounds to me you like the speakers just fine which is why the above poster is off the mark on this one. How many speakers can a person listen to? The Denon may be a ok receiver but obviously you are not happy with the way your system is performing or you wouldn't have posted your question. I can tell you flat out 100% sure that the Marantz 5400 is a much better match with your speakers and has way more 5 channel power than the 1804. Sound & Vision's bench test had it at 105 watts with 5 channels driven at clipping. Great performance for a budget receiver. If you had say Paradigm's then the 1804 would be a much better match. The Marantz would also be perfect if in the future you decided to go all Monitor Audio for speakers.[ I'd think about that seriously long term}. It 's up to you, I've done all the arm twisting I can think of. Good luck.

Post Number: 4
Oh my fault was, it is the setup and room where i listen that speakers. I completly throw out everything from room and leave only chair and hi fi system. I have setup it a mission's m53 in fronts MA S1 rear measure everytning to be 80 cm from wall in any directions, and measure distance from speakers from chair!
After that i start a test from receiver and everything was perfect in all corners!

After that i have started listen music and what can I say unbelievable sound.
Misson's m53 speakers gives me fantastical frontal sound with good bass ,and ma s1 fill room with fantastical hi tones.
Right now i am extremly satisfied with this!
Also i will go to hear what is the diference beetwen 3805 , 2805 and my 1804 !
Also i want to hear t753 Nad and compare them!

regards

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us