OK, I'm an idiot...

yums
so that's why I'm asking. I just went up to HD satellite from regular sat and have purchased an HC TV, the HD sattelite receiver, and a HTIB. What is the best way to hook them all up? I would also like to integrate my VCR into all this. Should everything go to the HTIB receiver then to the TV or should some things go directly to the TV. Or are there different options depending on what type of programming I watch most and what type of audio I want for these? And what type of connections for each. I would assume that the two receivers should go in with component inputs but that the VCR is just fine with S-video, but what do I know. Thanks for the help, all.

Anonymous
The VCR complicates the problem, since it cannot record an HD signal.

First of all you want to use the component video (colored red/green/blue) connection from you HD sat box to your TV.

For audio, hook up one digital cable (optical or RCA coaxial) to your HTIB.

Now back to the VCR. Since it won't record in HD, the easiest way to hook it up is to use the RF out from the sat box to the "IN from Antenna" using an RG6 coaxial cable.

You might have to switch the HD box to 480i output when you plan to record on the VCR.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us