Paradigm On-Wall Monitor series ????

Anonymous
Looking for info on the new Paradigm On-Wall Monitors line. Has anyone heard anything or checked out first hand? I am limited on phyical space and these look to be a great solution to keep my speakers out of the way without sacrificing quality (no shelf-space and no floor space to use for towers, TV built into wall). I currently have outdoor Paradigm Stylus 250's acting as my mains cause that's all that would fit, and need a real indoor speaker. I plan on checking them out at a local dealer, but thought I would check with everyone here. Another option would be to go with a bookshelf-type system and mount them to the wall myself. The On-Wall series looks to be more slim, however, and ready to be mounted.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I have a Denon 2803 receiver with a CC370 center, PDR-10 sub, and AMS250 surrounds. Love the Denon 2803/Paradigm match, and everything is fantasic except for the mains.

I saw one of those on-wall mini monitors and they are great. I plan to get some for my home theater soon. I do have a local dealer who carries the paradigm series, but they do not have the on-wall version yet. I was hoping they would carry it or someone online, but they are hard to find. I plan to run the on-walls with a denon 3803 receiver and a projector. I am probably a few months out before I get them so I hope that the speakers are available then.

Anonymous
I'm building a home theater in my new house, and planning to use the Paradigm on-walls (with a plasma screen) for my front and center channels, with Paradigm in-walls (AMS-250) for sides and rear (Denon 1803 receiver). It's a small room, needless to say -- not much space for speakers, and don't need a lot of amp power.

The thing about Paradigms, though, is that they are only available from local dealers -- dealers aren't allowed to sell outside of their franchise area, which is why you don't see Paradigms online. My dealer has the OW Mini Monitors in stock, and says he can get me the OW Monitor 5s -- which I plan to use -- in about a week. While I really like Paradigm speakers generally (for the money), note that many other manufacturers are now offering similar products, some of which may be easier to find. Many are more expensive, but Definitive Technology (who also make great speakers) has a reasonably priced product, and Infinity makes a pair for considerably less (often available on e-bay). Sound & Vision recently published a list of on-wall speakers, which should be easy to find on their site. (http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/assets/download/8282003172428.pdf Good luck.--tjs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us