Help! Just got Sony Wide Screen and DVD Home Theatre, return and get DVI?

sanee
Unregistered guest
Ok, I just got a Sony 51' Widescreen Projection HDTV (KP-51WS510) and the Sony DVD Home Theatre System Reciever (DAV-BC150). But now I'm hearing a lot about DVI and how it's alot better than component when using DVD. Should I return the DVD Home Theatre system and get one with a DVI output or just stick with component? I'm slightly dissatisfied with the DVD player as it does not have audio outputs so the TV speakers go to waste and the 5 surround speakers are it.
Help!! Tell me what to do.

Username: Adstark

MPLS, MN

Post Number: 2
Well dvi is better but from my experience on a tv even a 51" it would not make a ton of difference I personally only notice the difference on a front projector. the other thing you have to consider is, does the tv have a dvi input? also the dvd players w/ dvi are about 300.00 not including the 100.00 for the cable. If it were me I would probably return the dvd player because of it not haveing any audio outputs but I dont think I would fork out the extra dough just for dvi. This is just one mans oppinion though.

johnm
Unregistered guest
I've heard mixed reviews on DVI. Many people have tried Samsungs DVI on their Sony sets like yours, hated it, and went back to component (saying that the blacks were faded).
The only sets I've heard having a drastic improvement with the DVI are Samsungs DLP units.
As far as not using the TVs speakers, you shouldn't use them. The 5.1 speakers system seperates the sound. If you run this AND the tv speakers, you'll get overlapped sound (e.g. a gun shot that comes out of the right rear speaker will also come out of your tv ruining the effect.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us