Need advice on HT speakers please

SteveJ1a
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase some speakers to go in a room - 14' wide x 15' long x 7' high. Im using a Denon AVR1804 to run them. Im not super concerned with tons of base but I would like very clear sound with an expansive soundstage. My buget is about $600.00 or less if possible.

Thanks in advance!
Steve J

Anonymous

Try B&W, Paradigm or Monitor Audio. I have a similar room size and have the Denon 1604. I settled on the MA Silver S-1. I liked the mid sound and to me the speakers filled the room but did not overwelm me at the same time. Bass response is good for a bookshelf but since I was setting up a HT I got a sub. Boston Acoustic make some good afortable speakers but after a few minutes I was overwelmed.
Are you setting up a 5.1 or better or just interested in 2 channel stereo?

No matter what advice people give you on speakerrs you need to listen to several types (side by side if the store is set up). Bring some familar music and a note pad to take some notes on for each speaker you listen to. everyone has an opinion on what sounds good to them the fact is what sounds good to YOU and you are happy with the spound then thats the brand you get.

phantasy
Unregistered guest
Try out the Orbs...they are a huge bang for the buck and have awesome soundstaging. The Mod1s will be fine in that size room. www.orbaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us