What kind of Projector/Screen for $1500?

Username: Aman

Post Number: 1
Hi guys.

My family and I were able to collect about 1200-1500 dollars, and we want to spend it on a little home theater setup. We would like to know what kind of a projector and screen combo we could buy for that price?

It has to be able to produce our HDTV Cable and HDTV DVD signals, and it should preferably be widescreen. Also, if possible, we would like it to be able to display my brother's Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ed Sullivan
Unregistered guest
spend 1400 dolars on a good projecter that has the largest contrast ratio you can find and most lumens and look for component inputs on the projector not throught the vga input look for XGA (for the hdtv) require it which means 1024x768 a widescreen native screen is goin to be hard to come by at thi price range look at infocus epson hp n others then get paint called silvercreen and paint the area of the walll that or you can get black out cloth or outher such fabric and box out a frame for it and spend whatever is left on some goodd quality interconnects

a4kenny
Unregistered guest
I agree with the previous post - spend all the money on the projector and skip the screen. I have the HP VP6120 DLP (XGA) projector hooked up to HD digital satellite service and absolutely happy with it. This projector has Component, Composite, and S-video connections so you got alot of options here if you don't have a good receiver. Got the projector for only $1200 at Outpost.com (Fry's) but I think they raised the price and only have refurbished now. Try using paint called Amber Grain (Yellowish Tan)from Sherwin Williams with this projector. Liked the color so much, I got my entire house painted with it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us