Kenwood/Unity & Onkyo Envision LSV 925 or 950 & Denon DHT-700DV

Anonymous
HI....GUYS....I have $1000 buget, and I am looking forward to spend it on one of these three systems. I would like to hear from you all which system should be the best and worth for me. Thank you.

LowellG
You might want to add the Yamaha DVX-S100 to your list. It won the Best HT product at the CES 2002. It is the same type of all-in-one unit as the other products you are looking at, and it has a progressive scan DVD player. Here is the Web address.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/HTIB/DVX_S100_1.htm

Anonymous
any one please?

I asked myself the same question. $1000 budget, what HTIB system to get. I tried to do the research as best I could. I narrowed it down to the Onkyo LSV - 950 (not the 925) and the Yamaha DVX-S100.

I went with the Yamaha for the main reason of its DVD player. You are getting a Faroudja DCDi chip that supports DVD-Audio. It really is awesome. The progressive scan output on my Toshiba 42H81 is awesome. I have a small media room and this is a great set-up.

I imagine that some will critize the Yamaha for its seemingly small power output, 35 watts per channel and the powered subwoofer is only 50 watts. But, like I said, I have a smaller room and I find it to be plenty loud enough.

I can't say that I have tested all of these models side by side (because I haven't), but I think they are all decent. Pick a couple of features that you think are most important to you and then go with the product that best answers your need.

But definitely add the yamaha to your list.

JR
I too had $1000.00 to spend. My final choices were the Onkyo LSV 950 and the Pioneer HTS 910DV (CNET rankings were helpful). Both had great sound in DVD and CD mode. I went with the Onkyo unit because of the many connection options and the $754.00 delivered price from Reliable Audio Video. My wife was also pleased that the sats were unobtrusive. From what I've seen & heard it is a heck of a system for the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us