Need New Home Theater System

Robert
My Home theater system i have now is only about 2 years old, this is my system:

Im a little pissed that i didnt know has much two years ago as i know now with the whole progressive scan business these days, but i have am HDTV and woudl like to upgrade my home theater system to a progressive scan model.

This time id like to make sure i get all the rigth features so that maybe this purchase will last a few more years. Here are a few of my questions for everyone:

What are the latest and greatest features that i must have in order to stay ahead of the game? Cause rigth now my system does not have component hook ups for progressive scan viewing.

Should i go with an all in one home theater system like i have now or should i peice it all together. My budget is like $400 to $500, can i buy a peice by peice system for that much, probably not a real good setup anyway!

Do you guys have any suggestions for a solid system in this range. My last two systems have been pioneer, my first was an open boxer from best buy(it was the rack kind) got robbed and used the money on the pioneer i listed above, and ive never had a single problem! Kind of loyal to pioneer but i will pretty much buy anything that is quality.

My current system is in really good shape, i hate having to do this just because its not progressive scan. It does have an s-video, can this improve the quality compared to the progressive scan look???

Would i be better off just buying a progressive scan dvd player and hook it up through the audio of the home theater i already have?

installguy
if your receiver has a 6 channel analog input on it. keep it. you can get a dvd player that will do dolby digital,dts,dvd-audio,and sacd sound formats. and have a progressive output with 3:2 pulldown. check out the pioneer dv-563a at crutchfield.com for $179.99

robert
I never thought about that...i think mines a 5 channel though, is that no good???

Robert
How about this combo....

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?a=&s=0&cc=01&g=10420&id=features_and_specs&i=130VSX812S

and the dv-563a dvd

would this combo work nicely??? i can use the speakers i already have and maybe upgrade those later. but for $480 an upgrade in receiver and dvd player is not bad!

how do the speaker wire holes work on the back of this receiver, check out the rear view, can i just insert straight speaker wire into those holes, never seen those before??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us