Hooking up Surround Sound to TV?

Brian
Hi

We got a Panasonic 27" Stereo TV Model: CT-27E13
yesterday and Im trying to get our surround sound hooked up to the TV. Before, we only had the Samsung speakers hooked up to the DVD player and only to the DVD Player. Is there any way I can hook these speakers up for it to work for the DVD PLayer and regular Cable TV? Please help! Thank you.

You didn't mention anything about what you are using for a receiver to drive you surround... but I'm assuming you have a standard receiver unit as opposed to in integrated dvd/surround.

One generally simple way to set it up is to hook the L/R audio output (analog) from the TV to the L/R audio input on the receiver (generally "TV" or "Video" input, but it shouldn't matter). You may have to go to the TV audio menu and change the setting for an external source, but in most cases it will automatically output whatever is playing on the TV, whether it's cable, VCR, video games, etc.

Hope this helps... Good Luck!!

We're having the same problem. We bought a harman kardon reciever w/ infinity speakers and while the surround sound works with the dvd/video, we cannot get it to work with cable TV.
any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

staul1
I have a Mitsubishi 50" HD upgradeable tv (Model VS-50111), a Toshiba DVD (Model SD/2800),an Aiwa Stereo (Model CX-ZHT63) with 5 surround sound speakers and a sub and an older model vcr. I am needing to know the best way to hook these pieces together for optimal video and audio. I want to be able to have surround sound through the tv,dvd player and vcr. I am not as much worried about the vcr but I would like to have the vcr audio coming out of my stereo when watching a vhs tape. Another question, is the component video that much better than just using an S cable for the dvd video feed? Also, the dvd player has an optical surround sound plug on the back and my stereo has an optical digital plug on it also but the stereo plug is an optical digital out. Please help with how to set all of this up.

Unregistered guest
Hello, We have installed a Panasonic 600W DVD/Surround sound with 5 speakers and a sub woofer. We had a terrible time with it. Now we have it working. The sound is good through the Tv. The problem is when we put a CD in the DVD player, it just says ERROR on the DVD player window. The maual say there is an operating error and to re-read the instructions and try again!!! What now??? Please help if you can!! Thanks, lisa

Anonymous

how do i hook up my stereo tv, vcr, dvd player, an audio-video surround receiver & a 6pc home theater speaker system with sub-woofer, ALL TOGETHER, with just a regular house antenea? PLEASE explain in simple terms so I can understand & follow. I am blonde! better yet, is there a picture diagram to follow along with also? (I did not find one on www.monstercable.com) Thank You

Unregistered guest
how do i hook up my stereo tv, vcr, dvd player, an audio-video surround receiver & a 6pc home theater speaker system with sub-woofer, ALL TOGETHER, with just a regular house antenea? PLEASE explain in simple terms so I can understand & follow. I am blonde! better yet, is there a picture diagram to follow along with also? (I did not find one on www.monstercable.com) Thank You

Unregistered guest
We are having the same problem as Megan. We got a dvd/surround sound system, but the only time we have surround sound is when we play dvds. I got a RF Modulator with S-video Input because my tv doesn't have the S-video hookup. We hooked that up yesterday and still no sound from the tv. What am I doing wrong? We have been struggling with this for 3 weeks now. Please help us.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 77
Robin,
do you have any outputs from the tv going into the receiver?
use the audio output from your tv into the receiver...your choice on video 1, 2 or 3.
since the tv output is only in stereo, the only way to hear surround is by using the receiver to put out dolby prologic or neo:6

Unregistered guest
Just bought a "Theater Innovations" professional home theater system TI-6000s 5.1 channel system w/ active sub-woofer and surround processing. 800 watts of total power. I'm obviously missing something...it sounds like s---. It didn't come with a receiver. Is there a way to hook up to my new 55" JVC TV without buying a receiver ? I'm pretty sure I need a receiver. Last question..is this system as good as I hope and paid for ?

Post Number: 116
You said it ahs surround processing...does it have a surround processor? These things don't just power themselves, it needs to be driven by an amplifier or a receiver.
now, if you bought these from a couple of guys on the street saying something about extra inventory and that they don't want to return it to the store and they just want to make "beer money, etc." You've been had!

nikolas
Unregistered guest
I have a stereo receiver and I set it up to my tv but I only have two speakers. One of the speakers sounds great the other one just hums.

Unregistered guest
how do i hook up my stereo tv,dvd player,Directv, and cd player an audio-video surround receiver & a 6pc home theater speaker system, ALL TOGETHER, with just a regular house antenea? PLEASE explain in simple terms so I can understand & follow. I can not get any sound from my local Tv channel thought my surround sound, I do get surround sound from my DVD, CD, Directv. better yet, is there a picture diagram to follow along with also? I could not find the receiver I have online( Kenwood Audio-Video Stero Receiver KRV 8540.

Darren Unger
Unregistered guest
hi i have a JVC home theatre system with surround sound that works with dvd's and cds but it doesn't work with our vcr. how do i get surround sound from my vcr?

Dave Mo
Unregistered guest
Hi. Ok similar question. JVC 5spkr surroundsoundRX5030VBK receiver has component aud/vid jacks. Pioneer SD-P50A3-K Stereo TV has S-vid jack. 5th Gen RCA DirecTV receiver has S-vid jack, DVD has component aud/vid jacks. Receiver & DVD movies play all 5 spkrs. TV & DirecTV only play 3 not 2 rear spkrs. What have I done wrong? Thank you.

Bert CR
Unregistered guest
I saw those two guys on the street selling the "Theater Innovations" Professional Home Theater Systems TI-6000 and TI 5100 5.1 channel system w/ active sub-woofer.

They mentioned that they got an extra inventory and that their supplier made a mistake and gave them more that the ones that they ordered.

They have also the catalog and a flyer about the technical specifications and it shows that the suggested retail price is $2,999.00. So they asked just for half or less of that price.

They show you the money (about 1 grand) that they got form another person that bought one before.

The point is DON'T BUY anything from them; even though you see the box closed and the catalogs.

Vis
Unregistered guest
I hope that you can help...

I have got Panasonic 32in Wide Screen, Yamaha VS10 surrond system, Samsung DVD, Sky Satalite, Basic Panasonic VCR.

The TV is linked directly to the VS10 using left and right stereo outputs, the Sky box is linked in a similar fashion but with video aswell, the DVD is linked via a digital cable. The VCR is linked to the TV via scart on AV2. The DVD is linked to SKy via scart and then Sky is linked to the TV via Scart on AV1.

My problem is that when I watch a VCR I can get the picture, but the sound that comes from the VS10 is the VCR channel on the TV - Channel '0', so I do not get the VCR in surrond. If I turn up the volume on the TV I get the sound OK through the TV Speakers.

I have tried to tune the TV to the right channel by having a VCR playing and then setting the tuner to find new stations but I have had no joy.

Everything through AV1 is OK and I can either listen to it through the TV selection on the VS10 or by choosing the DVD or Sky.

Any ideas..?

Thanks

Unregistered guest
ive got a tv with 2 scart sockets and i have surround sound speakers and a amp. How do i connect them up so i can have surround sound for my xbox.
thank you very much

p.s i also have a scart to audio lead thingey

Unregistered guest
i have just connected my pc to tv using an s-video cable,i can get pictures but no sound,is there anything i need to do?

Bronze Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 68
Bobby:
S-video cables carry video only. Sound has to be sent on other connectors.

cliff
Unregistered guest
hello i've been trying to hook up a vcr,tv,dvd,cd,and surround sound it seems every thing is working except when i play a vcr tape i get sound but no picture any suggestions thanks
this all was given to me but no manuals were included

cliff
Unregistered guest
hello i've been trying to hook up a vcr,tv,dvd,cd,and surround sound it seems every thing is working except when i play a vcr tape i get sound but no picture any suggestions thanks
this all was given to me but no manuals were included

howaryuh
Unregistered guest
I just went through the cable audio thing with the digital out: It only gives sound when on a digital channel. If on regular cable, no sound through this output, must use the rca jacks. Hope it helps some of you above.

Username: Lawcissalc

Orlando, Fl Osceola

Post Number: 1
hi im trying to connect a rca television and a mintek dvd player to surround sound on a aiwa stero system please help nothing im doing seems to work i have a adapter cord that has three prongs on it red yellow and white please help

Unregistered guest
I have a 60" Hitachi LCD/HDTV and am trying to hook up a Sony Dream System to it and my PS2, I would like to have the DVD, TV and PS2 play in surround sound but only the DVD and PS2 work in surround the TV does not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

What button do you push to make the surround sound work for the tv. Do you push something on the remote?

Unregistered guest
Hi. I recently switched to directv and the guy who installed it hooked up the vcr to the receiver but not the dvd player and I cannot get the dvd player to work. The dvd player is a Classic and no code is listed in the manual to program the remote. Is there anyway you can help?

Drink Beer
Unregistered guest
PLEASE HELP!!

I HAVE A DVD SURROUND SOUND PLAYER... AND I WANT IT HOOKED UP TO THE TV... I DONT HAVE OUTPUTS ON MY TV... ONLY INPUTS... IS THERE A WAY TO STILL SET IT UP EVEN THO I DONT HAVE OUTPUTS FROM THE PEICE OF SH*T PANASONIC F*CKING CRAP LOAD OF SH*T?

THANKS...

BIG BUCK

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 35
This may be the solution:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5 F003%5F010%5F009%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D2525#

(These other two I found before the first one)

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5 F003%5F010%5F009%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D1214

or

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5 F003%5F010%5F009%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D1215

Unregistered guest
I have a 35" flatscreen Citizen Tv with two spots for A/V input and one S-Video spot. I'm wondering if I can hook an amp up using the tv's inputs because I don't think my TV has audio output.
Thanks,
-Ben

Unregistered guest
I have a Phillips projection TV and a JVC THM 330 Home theatre. I have not been able to get surround when on cable TV. I have tried audio output from the TV to the audio input on the reciever. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 173
GaryB:
Without an operational digital audio output from a cable box, you cannot get digital surround into your system.

Elke
Unregistered guest
ok, had the same problem and figured it out.......You hook up your DVD to your tv first.In my case ,component cable from dvd to TV with extra audio cable from DVD into component audio on tv (same slot). Result:only DVD will have surround sound.
Next, I hooked up an additional regular audio cable right into the free remaining audio output on the dvd player(Video1) into a single audio out slot on the tv.

To hear the sound, change your dvd mode (in my case Aux 1, activate ProLogic and you will have the sound coming out of your surround system at all times.

hope this helps

TV Sony Wega HDTV monitor
DVD Samsung 600 W

Unregistered guest
I have a Sanyo TV that does not have video outputs just cable hook-up
need to know how to hook up Samsung DVD Surround sound to TV Also have Charter digital cable box also!

Unregistered guest
I have an old TV with a VCR hooked up to it. I have my Playstation 2 hooked up to the VCR,but i want to have surround sound to....I have Emerson speakers and i have no clue how to hook them up so I can Play my Playstation 2 in surround sound...PLEASE HELP ME BY EITHER POSTING OR WRITING AN EMAIL TO: slim7676@aol.com

Coryboski
Unregistered guest
I have a new Sharp tv with 3 sets of video and audio in components. THere is no audio out or headphone jacks. How can I hook this up to surround sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 82
You could try the ol' vcr trick... cable into the vcr, then to tv, and audio from the vcr outs to will go to your surround receiver.

There are devices (Radio Shack, etc.; search online), that do the same thing the vcr does for your audio, but without the vcr.

Unless you have a cable box. In that case, connect your audio outs on the box to the surround receiver.

Unregistered guest
Hi. I'm looking for the dvd player for my Innovations Home theater 5.1 surround system. I know that's what i need because it already have a built-in reciever and amp. I believe it's called the TI-600XS. If you could please send me something on that I would appr. that thanks!

bill yamaha,bose
Unregistered guest
hi. i have a yamaha thx 7.1 system model htr-5790, comcast hd cable box, sony 50 tv model kdf50we655, fisher dvd 9501 pr.my questions are.. how do i get the surrond sound from cable, and what hooh up would you suggest box has compisitte,an optical out x1 .av unit is top line has all connections evcept dvi and hdmi. if it is any help i also have bose surrond system and 2 bose 301 i am using for my main sound please help

Unregistered guest
I am one of those knucleheads that has a theater innovations TI6000s. I didn't buy it, it was given as a favor. So is it as absolutely useless as it seems. I have tried hooking it up to my existing Yamaha sys and get nothing but the lights and remote working. I couldn't even get any sound directly from a TV. The speakers work alone but are nothing like what I already use. Should I just toss this in the trash or could my nephew use it with his video games and stuff. any help I would appreciate

Username: Russj

I am trying to get digital audio (dolby 5.1, DTS) from my cable connection. The cable company "help" desk said that I could only get that from an S-video output of a HDTV converter which would not work with a non-HD TV.

So, apparently they are all wet if S-video carries no audio ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1984
huh?!?
S-Video is exactly what it says, video! Color and luminance, no audio signals, no way around it. The cable company help desk just reared its clueless head.

If your cable company provides digital signals and you are paying for the service, then you should be receiving these signals.

Now, when you say you are trying to get digital audio, does your cable box have provisions for a digital audio output? If it does and you are paying for the service, this digital audio signal goes into the receiver to be decoded.

M. Smith
Unregistered guest
We bought a Philips surrond sound system. We have a cable box. We hooked the surround sound through the cable box. It will play a DVD but will not give us surround sound through the TV. To play the suroound sound we have to put the TV into audio mode. Is there a way to make this system work to give us a TV with surround sound? In other words we want to have the surround sound speakers play when we watch TV???

Username: Tampabaygirl

Please help!!!!!
We have a panasonic analog televison, pioneer receiver and and aiwa speakers and a scientific atlanta cable box and a digital dvd player.
We are trying to get the sound from the television to the speakers.
Since the tv is analog, do we need to connect the digital cable box through the digital dvd player, then the tv? If so how?
Thank you so much for your help!

Unregistered guest
I'm renovating my family room. I now have it down to the studs. What provisions should i make for installing surround sound? if installing ceiling speakers are possible, should i install in ceiling? should i run two conductor speaker cable to each location back to tv? can you suggest the components i need to make this possible. thank you

Unregistered guest
Hello

I have the following:

Toshiba 32" TV with Audio Input/Output
Panasonic DVD Home Theater Sound System

I can get surround sound when I use the DVD, however, I can't get surround sound when using the TV. I've changed the setting on the TV to use surround sound and I've connected the audio cables in the out of the TV to the In on the DVD, which serves as the receiver. Is there anyway to get surround sound when using the TV?

Thanks!

Unregistered guest
HEY i really need some help. i recently just bought a surround sound system and i found out my BRAND NEW tv does not have an output plug on it. does any one know what i can get to make it work with my tv??? thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2218
Lynn,
Unless your TV has a digital audio output specifically for surround sound, then no. You can however, connect the red and white audio output to your Home Theater system and use pro-logic II to get some sort of surround sound.

blah blah,
You can't make it work with your TV. If it is brand new, return it and get something better. Sorry...

blah blah
Unregistered guest
Thanx berny i have been lookin for a way to do this, but i will just buy a home theater system

thanx for helping me out, if you didnt tell me this i would probly be still lookin for a way.

battery57
Unregistered guest
Got an Audiovox Home Theater system (contains DVD player)... hooked up to a 52" Toshiba .. I have regular cable (no cable box, cable goes directly into my TV...I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my surround sound to work when I am watching TV....works great when I play DVDs...Right Now I currently have it hooked up as follows: Video/Audio out on the reciever to the video in /audio in jacks on my TV...What else do I need to do...both TV and System have a ton of plug ins... PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2325
battery,
audio out of your tv to audio in of your receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 52
Do you have Hi-Fi VCR also? Since you don't have a cable box, using the Hi-Fi VCR tuner instead of your Toshiba tuner will produce better surround sound than what your TV can produce. But on some Toshiba have surround sound already built-in. I've own 2 of these sets and they all have it. Do you have Projection TV if so you should have all the hookup already in the back

TV audio out (white-left) ---- (red-right)

The Audiovox Home Theater System, does it have input for TV or AUX sound?

Anonymous

The never ending problem.
Surround works fine. DVD, FM, VHS all are ok!
No surround from tv.
TV has audio out red and white ports.

Zenith says to use their audio out and connect to audio in on Sony Receiver receiver.

Sony says to take audio out from tv and connect to audio in on receiver.

Guess what?? Neither works! Any suggestions. 3 hours on phone with Flala from Sony resulted in her blaming the tv manufacturer zenith. 30 minutes with zenith and they indicate the problem is sony.

Is there anyone else to blame? Me for buying into this mess!

Thanks for any help.

kash
Unregistered guest
i have a sony 32" tv and panasonic home theatre system(5speakers, subwoofer,5-disc with cd/dvd/vcd/mp3). i wanted to know how to connect the surround sound to tv to get the theater effect for tv channels.right now sound effect will be there only for dvd/cd/vcd.

Anonymous

use rca cables (red & white) and plug in out on recv'r and in on the tv

Username: Desiking2002

I have harman kardon AVR 325 receiver and sony 57" t.v I used Optical cable from t.v to receiver i don't get any sound all it does is that both L and R blinks and no sound.

Unregistered guest
Hi people.

Another of those 'i haven't a clue what's going on' posts.

I have a sub woofer and 5 satellite speakers, i have connected them all to the back of the sub woofer, easy part.

I have then run one of the leads from the 5.1 channel output plug (back of the sub woofer L plug), both red and white, and connected just the red one to the white plug at the back of the TV, then run another lead from the back of the sub woofer (C plug) to the DVD.

The problem is, it runs ok if i have to tv running but if i put the DVD on and change from tv to AV2 for the dvd, the dvd sound comes through the tele and the tv sound will still be running through the surround sound even though i'm not watching it.

What on earth am i doing wrong ??

Any help greatly appreciated.

Username: Asm

Post Number: 2
How do I get Surround Sound from TV?

How do I connect my (Samsung DLP TV) with (Cable Box) and (AV Amplifier) to have surround sound from TV.
- Both cable box and AV amplifier have optical port.
- TV has AUDIO out.

Thanks,

DRAKE
Unregistered guest
I have a SD-V55HTSU dvd/vcr home theatre system n iwas just wondering if there is anyway you could hook it up so you can hear surround while playing xbox/ps2/gcube...thanks

please help!!

Sky
Unregistered guest
I have a JVC DVD digital theater system sending the image to a SONY Triniton TV. I get soundsaround with everything except from the TV. How can I get soundsaround from TV as well?

Anonymous

Oh my...

Surround sound from regular cable or regular broadcast TV.....

1st some rules...
Rule #1 Your TV should be used as a source as a last resort, even then it must be stereo.

Rule #2 Your way better off using a stereo Hi-fi VCR as your cable / Broadcast tuner

Rule #3 The channel must really be broadcasting in stereo / surround sound

Rule #4 If you using your TV on channel 3 stop doing so.

Rule #5 Use the AV connections from your device to either your display or your Audio Visual Video switching reciever. Then to the various AV inputs on your display.

Rule #6 If you do not use a stereo hi-fi VCR your TV must be stereo and the channel / program must also be stereo / surround sound in nature and you must connect the AV L/R audio out from the TV to an analog input on your AVR. (audio visual reciever)

best of luck all of you....

Anonymous

I'll only add that if you use a Cable Box, then AV video to your display or AVR NOT Coax to and your display on channel 3, and digital sound if it has it to your AVR, if no digital sound than the L/R RCA analog to an analog input on your AVR.

aqwert
Unregistered guest
THis message goes to Berny "Project 6" I was reading through the forum trying to get some extra info. on a surround sound system I just bought. I was not able to by the reciever but I did by the 5.1 channel system for a really cheap price. I bought from a guy with the "inventory" story. Bernie when you mentioned the same story I heard from the guy I became worried. The system sounds fine and it's obvious that all I need is the 5.1 DVD player. Should I be worried about this system? Hopefully you can shed some light on this thank you

Username: Hollywoodlegend

Hello all, I just got a RCA RS2041 CD-player and just discovered that it has an AUX option. I have a fairly old Panasonic (Maybe 3/4/5 years at most though) and I wanted to hook up the CD-player to the TV so I can have the TV audio through the CD-player speakers. The TV has audio out and audio in in the back. I take the red and white wires and plug them into the audio out and put the CD player on AUX but I still don't hear anything. Can someone help me please?

Thanks,
John

Gold Member

Post Number: 2579
aqwert,
if it works and you didn't pay more than $50, you'll be fine, just don't expeect them to sound like the purported $2000 system.
You really should start a new thread.

Unregistered guest
Can I use my new surround sound dell computer speakers on my tv?

paxton
Unregistered guest
I just got a panasonic home theater system and i can't get sound out the system when watching regular digital cable.I have both the white and the red plugs going into the audio out on the t.v and the white and red on the audio in on the reciever.The t.v is on stereo!What am i missing here?Please help.
Thanks
~~paxton

DK
Unregistered guest
Guys, this note is for those who wants to hook up TV w/o audio output to Hifi. In case your TV has a SCART input (maybe not that common in the US)- you just need to buy a thing (sort of adapter - TA PG2R for example in France). It converts SCART input into 2 RCA audio outputs.

bearmul3
Unregistered guest
need help w/hooking up an HD-Cable box w/HDTV,av/receiver and a DVD player? all SONY exepect the cable box.
thanks.

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hook up a sony kd-36xs966 hd tv to a ti-6100 home theater system (Theater Innovations. Any help will be appreciated. Art

TypeONeg07
Unregistered guest
I've just gotten a surround sound system and everything seems to be working fine for the most part but it doesn't really sound as if it is surround sound and the reciever is only showing the front speakers as being the main focus. My questions mainly are in order to get truely surround sound is it necessary to get digital audio cables set up as apposed to the red and white audio cables and if so do you know of any way to set up game consoles like a PS2 or XBox to get surround sound since all of the cables I've seen for them only use the red and white cables. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TypeONeg07
Unregistered guest
I've just gotten a surround sound system and everything seems to be working fine for the most part but it doesn't really sound as if it is surround sound and the reciever is only showing the front speakers as being the main focus. My questions mainly are in order to get truely surround sound is it necessary to get digital audio cables set up as apposed to the red and white audio cables and if so do you know of any way to set up game consoles like a PS2 or XBox to get surround sound since all of the cables I've seen for them only use the red and white cables. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have a 27 inch symphonic tv with a cable port and one set of yellow,red,and white ports on the back. i have a 600 watt pioneer surround sound with pioneer dvd and receiver. I also have a vcr if needed to make this work. How do i get surround sound for cable t.v?

Unregistered guest
i have a phillips magnavox tv with only one port/cable outlet. we are trying to hook up a dolby digital surround system( ge product). we also bought a phillips rf modulator with stereo output/video converter to use with the set. we have surround sound with dvd and cds BUT like everyone else on here . surround sound is not working with reg. tv. what am i doing wrong??

Anonymous

I have a sony 32 inch flat screen TV and sony DVD. I purchased a sony Home Theatre System HT-DDW660 5 speakers and sub woofer. When I have a dvd playing it works great, but with regular TV I only get sound from 2 front and 2 rear speakers center speaker seems to not work. Any suggestions?

Chris Harding
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I recently brought a samsung digital home cinema system the HT-DS100, i was wondering, is it possible to output the TV to the samsung digital home cinema system, so the TV comes out in surround sound? I think that the phono sockets, only output Left and Right rather than surround sound, is this accurate?

Unregistered guest
Hi,I have a sony kv32fx68u tv and want to buy a dvd surround system,is there one that enables you to have your normal tv as surrond sound,i watch tv
through sky digital as we have no aerial, many thanks.Nick

NO SURROUND FROM TV
Unregistered guest
I SOLVED MY PROBLEM WITH NO SOUND FROM REAR SPEAKERS WHEN WATCHING TV. IT WAS A SETTING ON THE SURROUND SOUND RECEIVER. THERE WAS A SETTING REATING TO SOUND FIELD, CHANGED THAT, EVERY CABLE TV CHANNEL IS IN SURROUND!!

T-Money
Unregistered guest
i just baught a surround sound system off of ebay and there are 6 inputs one for each speaker (1 center, 2 front, 2 rear, and 1 subwoofer), and these inputs are in the back of the sub. it came with cables to hook it up to my computer, but i was told its able to hook up to my tv, but my tv only has 2 audio outputs. is there like an adapter i can buy or something i can do besides a reciever, if that would even work. thanks

Unregistered guest
HOW DO I HOOK UP MY Playstation 2 To My GE GTD120 Dolby Digital DVD Amplifier? I have the Digital Optical Cable. But do not know where to install it on the GE GTD120

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Powerpoint Dvd home cinema system, it works fine for dvd but when you hook up the TV to watch sky digital the sound just comes bealting out of the surround sound and it cant be controlled. Ive tried hooking up just the sky digibox box but sound volume is very low and cant be turned up. The has 2 scart inputs but no audio out puts. How can I Fix this problem or is it a lost cause?

Unregistered guest
I have a Philips home theater system and am trying to get the tv sound to come out of those speakers. Ive already tryed connecting the R&W cables but the sound still comes out of the TV and not the theater system. I turned on the DVD and set it on TV and then ON AUX but still nothing what should I do???

ESMERALDA
Unregistered guest
I have a Philips home theater system and am trying to get the tv sound to come out of those speakers. Ive already tryed connecting the R&W cables but the sound still comes out of the TV and not the theater system. I turned on the DVD and set it on TV and then ON AUX but still nothing what should I do???

Toronto
Unregistered guest
What a helpful site this is. Both my JVC DVD player and new Atlanta digital cable box have 1 digital audio out. Guess what? - My Sony surround receiver has only 1 digital audio in (more RCAs than you can shake a stick at though and 1 optical). 2 questions: - can you split the audio ins to receive both sources? Can you send a surround signal through RCAs? Thanks for any help.

Anonymous

Please Help:
We have a Zeneth Tv that only has one set of jacks in the back. I bought a home theater system and it only works with the DVD player. We cannot get it to work with the television. Help please!!

PeZ
Unregistered guest
I've bought myself a 5.1 surround sound system. It's an AGK Nordic Home Theater Audio System, model: CMK-3050. Seems perfec. But I honestly can't figure out how the hell to set it up.

I have the five speakers all plugged into the subwoofer. The woofer then has three small sockets: front in, back in, and center in. One takes in sound for the front speaker/woofer. One takes in for the two front side speakers. And one takes in sound for the two back speakers. Makes sense.

There are three (simply colour coded) wires that go into these sockets. At the other end of these, they each sprout into two plugs, in each case one is red, one is white. Y'know, just like all sound plugs: one for left sound, one for right. These adaptors can be taken off to beomce singular plugs: which apparently plug into nothing anyway.

The thing is, say I want to plug it into my DVD player. There's a white socket and a red socket on the back of it. Therefore, I can plug a white and a red plug into it. This means that I can have any two of my speakers working at a time. Not much good. I'm left with 4 more plugs, that are gagging for input.

So, what the hell?! Where do these plugs go? Do I need somekind of extra adapter that means they all go into one handy little twin plug? Or is my DVD player just not modern enough?

What's more, I actually inted to get my PS2's sound running through. I can't even regular sound from that, since there are no sockets to plug my plugs into. And it says that the console is surround sound compatible.

What am I missing?

Unregistered guest
Rahmon-
i have just bought a samsung 5.1 surround system but i can not figure out how to get it to work with my samsung tv.
please help me out i have been on the phone to samsung for over 20 hours and i still don't know what to do.

Unregistered guest
Well all you have to do is hook the tv to the receiver in. Then hook the dvd to the tv. If you have a digital cord like optical hook that from the dvd player to the receiver. Also some TVs have more inputs and outputs than others. Like mine I have a cd player, dvd player, and playstation 2 hooked up to my system and I can hear it all (including tv in surround)through my system.

Unregistered guest
I have satellite hooked up to my TV and have a VCR also, I just received Sony Surround Sound Systems w/DVD player. How do I hook up Surround Sound and keep everything else working as well? Thanks.

John_05
Unregistered guest
Hey peeps, Umm i have recently just bought a yamaha TSS15W surround sound for my room and I've hooked it up with my dvd player which is working great! My only problem is that it doesnt work when im just using my tv...btw my tv's really old and only supports the yellow and white output cables...so i need a solution to hook up my surround sound to my tv along with my dvd player..oh btw my dvd player is an LG DV9723P model...please help

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 49
John,

Hi there do you have a VCR, if so plug the scart lead into the back of it, it may out but the signal to the TV, maybe, or use the rca phone leads on the DVD to the VCR, find the video out put signal on the TV along with the DVD signal been accompanied with it.

If all fails, look for an phone to RF converter, I haven't used one put that may work to your advantage.

And if that one doesn't work hunt down a AVR audio video receiver with all the ins and outs and enough power sink the British navy.

Ashley

Phoenix79
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I am new to surround sound systems, can you just plug the surround sound into your tv and not worry about the dvd player? because i use my xbox as my dvd player and it has no output/input things so can i just plug it into my tv and listen to it from there?

Username: Mastro

Post Number: 2
I just purchased an RCA HDTV 52" television. I have an AMW 5.1 home theater surround sound system. My problem is that when I play a dvd the sound is in surround sound but I want to watch regular tv and HBO movies, news, sitcoms, etc.. in surround sound as well. How do I get the television regular stations in surround sound. The sound only comes out of the center, subwoofer, front left and front right speakers, it doesn't come out of the rear left and rear right speakers. My cable box is a scientific atlanta (bright house cable network). Before I got this new tv I had my other tv (magnavox older one) and it was just fine as far as getting all cable channels in surr. sound. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you ahead of time!!

Username: Maxg

Piedmont, Al USA

Need help in connecting TV and Surround Sound Home Theater system. TV is RCA 32" HDTV, (D32F750T); Surround Sound Home Theater System is SONY 600-Watt Home-Theater w/Progressive Scan DVD Player (HT-4800DP).

My existing hook-up is: local TV cable connected to digital cable box (standard digital cable, not HDTV cable); from there to VCR; from VCR to TV.

NEED TO: go from "TV" to "Surround Sound Home Theater (with A/V Rec. and multi-disc DVD/CD player and Sub-Woofer).

Objective: to obtain highest quality "video" and "audio" thru surround sound system when watching TV (by itself), listening to (FM Audio or CD audio) and watching DVD.

Followed instruction manual but only getting "surround sound" through front, middle, rear & sub-woofer speakers when I use the "SOUND TEST" function on the A/V REC remote control. During this test, the system travels from "speaker-to-speaker" while allowing me setup options on how I want the sound to come from each speaker.

After the Sound Test: when listening to FM Stereo (thru A/V Rec.), CD or playing DVD, sound comes through TV speakers and Surround Front speakers (l/r), but have "no" sound through front middle or rear surround speakers (l/r) or sub-woofer; and when playing DVD the "movie" is not coming thru the the TV.

HELP!!! Need someone to provide an "easy" to understand set of "connecting" instructions that covers my components (mentioned above) or direct to me to a website where I can go to get these instructions?

Many thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hello, My girlfriend has an Audiovox DVD player. She has the red, white, and yellow cables plugged into the TV correctly. We only get special effects sound, no vocal sound from people talking in the movie dvd's. We have tried all the options on the setup screen with the DVD player. Nothing changes, what can we do? Help please.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us