DVI or VGA to Component Video Converter?

Zinx
Unregistered guest
I have a dorm room in which I have
A) A nice computer with many music videos and movies and such, yet only a 19" monitor
B) In the same room, a 32" HDTV with component video inputs and the usual 480p, 720i/p, 1080i compatibility.
My question is, if anyone could help me out, is it possible to buy a converter to convert a VGA (or better yet, a DVI) signal into 1080i component video, so I can watch these movies on the HDTV while outputting from the computer. If so, does this require any special software? Because isn't the output of 1024x768 from a PC Non-Interlaced, while the 1080i signal "is" interlaced?

Anyway, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, it seems I've come to the right place ;)

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 693
zinx i'm not sure where to get a converter.

but most of the ati readeon cards now have a dongle
that can be put on the dvi connector and go to
component output cables.

miketrek66
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if those ATI converters will work with non-ATI graphics boards, such as NVIDIA?

Dickey
Unregistered guest
I have the GeForce 5700 and the ATI converter and I haven't been able to get it to work yet. I've read most places, unfortunately not until after I purchased it, that the converter will not work with non-ATI cards. There is an adaptor from Audio Authority but its about $120.

PatrickG25
Unregistered guest
So, will the X800 PRO HDTV Cable work with an ATI 9700?

Anonymous

I have ATI component 6140016400 dongle. ATI Radeon 9600 SE card. I downloaded catalyst software as ATI instruction. It does not work at all.
I wish never buy it. Any one know how to make it works.

Anonymous2
Unregistered guest
http://www.svideo.com/hdtvr8500.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us