Upgrading Prologic to Prologic 2

Can anyone please tell me how I can upgrade my Sony MHC FL5 to Prologic 2 without buying a new system.
Sony has come out with a newer model that has prologic 2. Its called MHC FL7 but i can not afford to buy a new system altogether.
Is there any way that I can buy a Prologic 2 upgrade for my current MHC FL5?

Troy Blackmon
Is prologic 2 really worth it. i have both prologic and prologic to on my receiver yet when i play cds on stereo and not prologic 2 mode it sounds better... And the only difference prologic 2 has from one is that the surround speakers are stereo and not mono... and since its matrix stereo- its not much different anyway.

Anonymous
I would agree, I have found that prologic 2 sounds hollow when compared with stereo or prologic, if it's not receiving a dolby digital 5.1 or dts signal stereo has filled up the room better.

Jeff Karp
What is the big hype about prologic 2 anyway? What are the benefits? And how can a tune orignally composed for stereo by the musician be enhanced by having stereo surround? Mono surround is good enough esp. since it is a matrix channel anyway. Moreover, the 7-20 khz added frequency dolby boasts about on the surround speakers make things worse. After all you just want basic trebles to come from surround speakers. Nothing more.

Derek
Mark, you cannot.

Anonymous
When i play cds on prologic 2 the stereo sound (left and right speakers) is not as prominent as in stereo mode and the center channel does not output anything. What is wrong? Can anyone help? Is it supposed to enhance cd and mp3 sound?

Anonymous
check this out about center width.
http://www.dolby.com/ht/co.br.0107.PLIIListenersGuide.html

I have a connection question.
I recently purchased a Toshiba DVD Video/Audio
player. The owner's manual states that to get
the maximum sound quality and surround effect
of DVD Audio, that you use the 5.1 ch analog
audio out jacks from the DVD player to the
receiver. This DVD player contains a multi-
channel decoder.
Do I also use the digital coxial cable connection
for Dolby Digital and DTS playback? My receiver
encodes both Dolby Digital and DTS.
Thanks.

David Myron
Can someone who has tried out prologic 2 on CD's and MP3 please tell me if its worth the upgrade. Basically, is it better than stereo sound. Is it really what dolby claims it to be? Are there any editorial reviews on this technology and how it works with mp3's and cd's on the net? If there are please post a link. I have not been able to locate even one objective review through google. All I get are the biased links to the dolby site.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us