I want a full picture while viewing dvd

Anonymous
i'm looking to buy affordable ht with muti disc.but thru my web search i havn't been able . i've been looking for 4:3 function. any ideas? ps

Anonymous
I THINK YOU NEED SOME SLEEP BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE, TAKE A NAP AND ASK AGAIN

Derek
Some DVDs can be switched to Pan-and-scan and some, like The Fifth Element, are double sided - one side is widescreen and the other is full screen. The 4:3 function you are looking for is called Pan-and-scan and must be allowed on the DVD.

It's easier to have a TV that has a zoom function or is 16:9 natively. What I'm saying is - the DVD player is not the solution.

Hope this helps.

JOHNNY THE GUN
first of all and last of all I want to tell you a secret, " HOME THEATRE AND FULL SCREEN DO NOT MIX a true HT as you call it consists of atleast 6.1 sound 2 front 2 rears 2 center channels and a sub which equates to .1

AND a WIDE SCreeN notice the accent on WIDEscreen A FULL screen takes away frm the movie? why in the hell do you want 4:3

INSTALLGUY
an idea . if i got the origanal question right, you have a 4;3 tv and you are geting letterbox dvd. and you would like to get a full picture. on a widescreen tv you will only get a full screen it the movie is in true 16;9 which is rare unless all you watch is g-rated movies. but most of the blackbars will be removed as long as your dvd player is setup for 16;9 full screen (not letterbox). this sends the anamorphic picture to the tv without adding black bars.then the tv will strech it to 16;9. (anamorphic or enhanced for widescreen means the 16;9 version was forced into a 4;3 screen when recorded this gives you more scanlines of video and scanlines where not wasted on black bars) but black bars are not a bad thing because it lets you see the hole movie without the sides choped off like (J.T.G.) was saying. but i will admit watching 4;3 shows on a 16;9 display suuuuucks unless you like short fat people. or you can use the zoom modes and get poor picture quality and cut everybodys head off. and black bars on the side of the screen bugs the crap out of me as well. i think a theater should'nt be used for watching tv,only for 16;9 dvd and hdtv. use a big analoge tub tv for watching 4;3 tv. how about puting a motorized
projector screen in front of a 36" flattub tv built in the wall. the best of both worlds
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us