Hooking up Subwoofer

Garry
I would like to buy a subwoofer for my system, but not sure how to hook it up to my Yamaha R-V98 receiver. I do have two front speaker terminals (A & B). Do I hook up the subwoofer to one of these terminals? If I do will I lose power to the front speakers? The speaker manual states that it is a five speaker system. Maybe I should just get good front, center and rear speakers instead. Does the subwoofer having an amp help with this?

INSTALLGUY
YOU CAN,T DO TRUE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND WITH OUT (AT LEST) A POWERED SUB. THE SUB IS THE .1 OF THE 5.1
YOU MUST HOOK THE SUB UP TO THE RCA OUTPUT LABLED "SUB OUT" ON YOUR RECEIVER. IF YOUR SUB HAS 2 RCA INPUTS USE A Y-CABLE TO SPLIT THE SIGNAL. MAKE SURE THE INPUTS ARE INPUTS . SOME SUBS HAVE OUTPUTS SO YOU CAN "CHAIN" MORE SUBS TOGETHER. RUN THE X-OVER ON THE SUB @70 HZ. PLACE THE SUB CLOSE TO THE CORNER OF THE ROOM. THEN AJUST IF NEEDED. I USE A GOOD ROCK DVD IN DTS TO ADJUST SUBWOOFER. THEN CHECK IT WITH A MOVIE IN DOLBY DIGITAL. REMEMBER THE BASS CONTROL ON THE AMP MAY NOT EFECT THE SUB. IT WILL ONLY PUT MORE BASS IN THE FRONT SPEAKERS. IF THEY ARE SMALL KEEP IT AT 0 . HOPE THIS HELPS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us