Help, stuck in the Hi-Fi Zone !!!

Yeah, I learned too much from e-coustics. I am looking to put together a system , nothing fancy and nothing too cheap. I Have settled on the pioneer DVD 563 model, which seems to be a great setup, and one which can play dvd-r's.

I am however stuck on these systems so let me know what you experts might have to say.

Onkyo tx-501 vs.601 (whats up with the 600 model too)?

Harmon avr310 (just like the 325 but less wattas?) I like this one the most.

Denon 1603..seems to be a year old model but great responses to it. is there another Denon one under $300?

I would appreciate your thoughts on these. Although they are not the top of the line, they do seem to be in my ballpark for what I need, and I want to try to take advantage of newer technologies that are out. As for speakers I am working on those, but nothing too much for my average sized room.

Thanks,
Syracuse NY

Derek
I have the Pioneer 563 so of course I like it.

The Onkyo 600 is similar to the 601 except the 600 doesn't have two VCR loops and a few other minor things.

I haven't heard the HK you mention.

The Denon 1604 is the new version of the 1603.

Hit Onkyo, Denon and Karmon Kardons web site. They have the manuals online and good pictures. Make sure you have the minimum features you want and give them all a listen.

If you are trying to find and entire 5.1 speaker system, try Athena Point 5 for under $500 at Best Buy or Energy Take 5.2 for a little over $500.

Hope this helps.

thanks Derek. I tell ya', After doing all the research for the past week, I have learned quite abit about components. FOr example, Bose speakers are somewhat laughed at. I believe the reason is that they are just so well known people automatically think so. When I read up on your suggestions, I couldn't believe the costs, but they are cheaper than bose AND much better.

My thought back to you then is do you think there is much of a difference between floor or mini speakers? I think some of the floor speakers look great, but do they eventually become a pain to position and such in a room?

What about the fluance speakers? hear much , besides what I see on here.?

Kevin O'
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us