Screen Gain - noticeable difference between 1.0 and 1.5?

How noticeable is the difference between a screen gain of l.0 and 1.5? Where does this fall on the scale of barely noticeable to somewhat noticeable to easily noticeable to very noticeable? Thanks. Bob

Well that all depends here Bob..That's a big question you pose here..1st of all nice meetin yea..!!
This all dends on the light output on your projector, what your using???, size of screen, kind of screen as different manufactures are not the same...In short i use a 1.4 Gain, Stwart..16 X 9 ratio..188''...screen.
We sit back eye's to the screen 11 ft. looks great ..nice and big..thats the way i like it, I use a Scaler onto a JVC Q model projector..Bulbs are very costly...
I would suggest if your interested in this area, please get ahold of your local seller of screens or people who do set ups, all depends how big your going, what projector your using, how dark the room is...have a good movie..See yea..Don

Bob
Jeepers! I didn't know I was askin one of them unanswerable questions, like how much to spend on speaker cables, 5 cents a foot or $500 a foot! But let's take what you're familiar with. Using your projector (and my crude "noticeability scale" above), how much difference is there between the Grayhawk at .95 and the Firehawk at 1.35 on a 188 diag. at about 10 p.m. - pitch black except for a tiny glow from my fake fireplace? Now don't give me one if them scientific explanations, Don - it'll all be lost on me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us