Which is best 2.1 speaker set for $75?

Username: Balakrishnansj

Post Number: 3
Hi guys... I am looking for best 2.1 channel speaker set and it should be around $75 as this is my current budget. please help me to choose the right and best one among all...

thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 741
Please understand that at the moment I don't even have $75.00 to spend on electronics so I completely understand your budget, and I say this so that the following question doesn't sound so offensive but what do you expect from a $75.00 system? (See, that sounds bad)

For $75.00 you could get a very small new shelf system:
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-MC235B-Mountable-Micro-System/dp/B000N64DB8

that will play CD's and has a tuner but it has no subwoofer and it is not expandable. If this is something that as a unit you will always have and use then great but I like to consider every purchase I make as a piece to a puzzle and $75.00 doesn't go very far.

If you expect more that a small shelf system I would start shopping eBay or Craig's and hope to find a outstanding deal on some used equipment.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10403
save your money. the more you have, the more options you have. you'll thank yourself in the long run. :-)

Post Number: 4
Thanks a lot for your suggestions and concerns. yeah, it is not urgent for me to get a speaker system as I am using the one which came along with the bundle.

Mean while I just came across thru the creative speakers and found there are few models available for below $75. Are they really good and will that really sounds good? there is a model being displayed on the site "Inspire T6100 (5.1 channel)" with the tag price USD $69. could anyone suggest me if this is really worth to buy as it costs less than my budget? please advice.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 12
For $50.00 the JVC SXXSW6000 5.1 are decent as long as you understand they are only $50.00 http://www.buy.com/prod/jvc-sxxsw6000-home-theater-speakers-system-with-100-watt -subwoofer-and/q/loc/111/206895865.html

We use these as a bundled option for our HTPC.

Silver Member

Post Number: 745
Do you already have a receiver or amplifier to run these speakers?

BTW - If you decide on the Creative's they are only $57.24 on Amazon.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 13
Jim has a good point on his question. I assumed you already had an AMP the way your question was framed. The JVC's we use would require you to have a seperate AMP to power everything except the sub.

As usual; good catch Jim. :-)

Post Number: 5
Jim and Rob, thanks for your suggestions.

I hope "High Definition Audio 2.0" chipset mounted the motherboard can support 5.1 channel and even 7.1 channel too.
Isn't it? And I checked this in one of my friend's notebook HP Pavilion model which has this facility. this model has three jacks (2 line out, 1 line in).
when you turn on this 5.1 channel support in "High Definition Audio 2.0" driver software the 1 line in port will act as line out port and this can help you connect our 3jacks of 5.1 channel receiver.

I had also gone thru some article about this on-board drivers in intel site and am not sure it does or not since I didn't try it yet.

Please light me, if I am wrong.

Post Number: 6
Hi Guys, any update on this. Pls.

Silver Member

Post Number: 758
You threw us a curve ball here, this particular forum is for Home Theater Surround sound and not for computer audio. Perhaps you would have better luck starting a new thread under computer speakers at:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/computers/8847.html

Post Number: 7
Jim, Thanks for your information.

Perhaps I started with 2.1channel system, if there are other good multi-channel sound system in affordable cost, I can lean myself to spend more money to own it.

Here I am asking/getting suggestions from you guys as you all are playing with lot of high end to low end sound systems.

Having said that, now I can spend up to $100 and assuring that I can see come more other products in this budget.

Now I got confused to select which brand and model is good among (creative inspire t6100/JVC SXXSW6000/other good product in this same line). Please help me to choose one among them.

I would be really thankful.

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
The problem, at least from my point of view, is that I know very little about the "Multi-media" systems out there. The one I am listening to at the moment was at one point an Altec Lansing 2100 system:

http://www.modsynergy.com/review25.htm

that I disliked so much that even Bose 301's that I eventually replaced the left and right "speakers" with made a HUGE difference. Sometime later I added a blown up Energy sub (gutted the onboard amp and am using passively) and only have the amplifier and crossover (that will be replaced sooner or later) to show for the original system.

Put simply, I cannot easily help you unless simply to say, buy what you can and hope that you are not as picky as I am!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us